Note 4 not upgrading from 4.4.4

tooom

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi, I received my new Note 4 just yesterday!
For some reason neither the phone nor the Kies find firmwares to update the pre-installed Android 4.4.4 ( KTU84P.N910FXXU1ANK4 )
My terminal is SM-N910F, I attach here a snapshot for the device status.
The result of any software check results to be a message like "The latest updates have already been installed".
All operators in Italy (where I live) released many upgrades for Note 4.

Mumble mumble ....

No idea to avoid root and successfully upgrade!
Can someone please help me?
Thx, Tom.

about_phone_noc.jpg
about_kies.png

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried contacting Samsung to see if they can push the update direct to your device? For some reason it's not seeing the updates, which is weird considering that an update has already been pushed for a while now as you indicated. Give that a try and see if Samsung can help. Otherwise, you'll have to flash factory firmware manually, which I would not recommend because you must find the specific software for your model Note 4.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Not to derail, but many would be happy in your position, lol! Some say it was better off on 4.4.2.

You may have to use Odin to flash the latest FW

tooom

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
@srkmagnus : Thx for the hint! I wrote to Samsung but still no reply from them.
@Tsepz_GP :Hi Tsepz! Do you think 4.4.4 is better than 6 on Note 4? Never tried it, but I noticed a bit upgrade in usability with Note 4 from Note 2 fully upgraded and I was minding if a similar upgrade could come from going to android 6 from actual situation (4.4.4).
@nahoku : Nahoku you are right. My Note 4 arrived with 4.4.4 pre-installed.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
@srkmagnus : Thx for the hint! I wrote to Samsung but still no reply from them.
@Tsepz_GP :Hi Tsepz! Do you think 4.4.4 is better than 6 on Note 4? Never tried it, but I noticed a bit upgrade in usability with Note 4 from Note 2 fully upgraded and I was minding if a similar upgrade could come from going to android 6 from actual situation (4.4.4).
@nahoku : Nahoku you are right. My Note 4 arrived with 4.4.4 pre-installed.
4.4.4 is better than 5.0, but 6.0.1 fixed everything and is better than both. Many are stuck on 5.0.

It may be best you load a British (BTU) or German (DBT) unbranded 6.0.1 ROM on yours.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I was just wondering as I didn't know if other countries released it with a lower OS.
Lol, nope, Samsung wouldn't do that.

It came with 4.4.4, but 4.4.2 is in my mind as that is what my S4 had when I got the Note 4 on launch. No idea why I always think 4.4.2.

tooom

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
I am in doubt if to unlock the phone or not. Of course it annoys me that the upgrade is not available. There is a odin version for mac? I've never used it. thx!

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
There is a odin version for mac? I've never used it. thx!
Yes, there is odin for mac... it's called jodin3... search google for it.

Flashing firmware is not for the weak-hearted. Things can go wrong, so consider yourself warned. A lot of times things go smoothly, but not always. If you've never flashed firmware, I highly recommend you seek help from Samsung or your carrier to flash the phone for you. Your carrier should be able to do it since they're the one's that releases the software to your phone. At the very least, speak to them and ask them why you can't OTA upgrade.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer