What is it? New update this morning-1476793034558.jpg
    aspruil likes this.
    10-18-2016 08:17 AM
    Got it on both my Note 4"s. I think is supposed to improve battery life, and they added a security patch I believe.
    10-18-2016 10:37 AM
    To quote what I said in a VERY recent update thread:
    Can we please not have these Threads again? EVERYTIME a new OS is out everytime someone gets an update on their phone they post a thread, rather DO the update THEN AFTER THAT post if it is an OS Update.
    10-18-2016 11:00 AM
    To quote what I said in a VERY recent update thread:
    Can we please not have these Threads again? EVERYTIME a new OS is out everytime someone gets an update on their phone they post a thread, rather DO the update THEN AFTER THAT post if it is an OS Update.
    I, for one, appreciate seeing a post about every update. (But not two threads about the same update, as this one is). Even the so called security updates sometimes have other changes/fixes added by the carrier and it is possible for those to cause problems. If these discussions are of no interest to you, then can't you just ignore the threads?

Larry
    10-18-2016 11:29 AM
    I, for one, appreciate seeing a post about every update. (But not two threads about the same update, as this one is). Even the so called security updates sometimes have other changes/fixes added by the carrier and it is possible for those to cause problems. If these discussions are of no interest to you, then can't you just ignore the threads?

Larry
    The very problem is that we are going to have multiple posts of the same update, I bet in a few days the will another 'Update?' thread. It happens time and time again.

From a Forum and SEO perspective its also not great, when someone wants to find info on major updates they end up being faced with endless 'Update?' 'Update!' 'New Update' etc... Threads, all about the same update.
    10-18-2016 11:45 AM
    I like the multiple theads and I read every one.
    10-18-2016 11:55 AM
    Personally I prefer to hear about the updates, even if they are not OS updates. Updates often change some function or fix/cause problems that I'd rather be aware of.

However, it would be helpful if the title of the post mentioned the carrier and date the person noticed the update at least.

That help both to prevent duplicates and with relevance - since each carrier has its own release schedule people could just skip by the update notifications that are not of interest to them.

But even in their current, duplicated, unknown-carrier form I'd rather hear about them than not.
    mak916 and eshropshire like this.
    10-18-2016 12:06 PM
    I looked before posting because I didn't see any other posts about it. Sorry.
    10-18-2016 01:10 PM
    I don't think you have anything to apologize for about your post. The reason I came to the forum this morning was to find out about the update. Thank you for asking the question.
    10-18-2016 02:04 PM
    Agreed, I as well came here for the exact same thing and did not have to dig around for it. Thanks...
    datawalla and sal the wop like this.
    10-18-2016 04:08 PM
    I got the update as well...(Verizon) and wasn't expecting it, so came here to see what it may or may not have messed up!
    datawalla likes this.
    10-18-2016 06:04 PM
    Has the October update came out yet for any of the carriers or international versions?
    10-18-2016 09:53 PM
    With new update seems to run more smoothly, maybe a bit less lag. No noticeable change in battery life. Runs cool under Action 3.
    10-19-2016 05:50 PM
    For me significant improvement in battery life.
    10-20-2016 01:21 PM
    No problem.

Its due to naming, it would help if people posted 'Verizon Note 4 Update' for example, give more detail in the title.
    10-20-2016 03:09 PM
    Personally I prefer to hear about the updates, even if they are not OS updates. Updates often change some function or fix/cause problems that I'd rather be aware of.

However, it would be helpful if the title of the post mentioned the carrier and date the person noticed the update at least.

That help both to prevent duplicates and with relevance - since each carrier has its own release schedule people could just skip by the update notifications that are not of interest to them.

But even in their current, duplicated, unknown-carrier form I'd rather hear about them than not.
    Nobody says they must not post about updates, so I'm not quite sure your point is? I said CHECK the update after updating then post about it, or we get endless threads about the same update.
    10-20-2016 03:11 PM
    I just bought a used N4 maybe an hour ago on eBay. A few questions. When I get it should I first do a factory reset then do the update? That way I'll have a fresh OS install? And secondly I forgot how smooth the screen feels and responds. I'm used to the S7E and N7 since Feb. Need some inputs on the feel and response the screen has with the new 6.01update.
    10-20-2016 03:29 PM
    I bought my husband a new N4 on Amazon, coming off a N7. Didn't due a fresh OS install. Did Samsung Smart Switch. Then 2 software updates. He's now on 6.01. Very snappy & responds well. So much so, that I purchased one for me too. My N3 is great, but after the N7, I'm spoiled and thought the N4 would be a decent consolation. MM is great on the N4!
    10-20-2016 05:01 PM
    Nobody says they must not post about updates, so I'm not quite sure your point is? I said CHECK the update after updating then post about it, or we get endless threads about the same update.
    My point was it would be nice to have carrier and date on update post titles, sorry I wasn't clear.
    10-21-2016 08:08 AM
    I appreciate the post as well. Regardless if it's multiple posts. Email the admins if it upsets anyone. Not trying to be rude, just honest.... As far as the update, no noticeable changes. I'll look for the multiple posts to keep me updated....
    10-21-2016 10:02 AM
    My point was it would be nice to have carrier and date on update post titles, sorry I wasn't clear.
    I fully agree with that point, I just got an update and will post a thread with those details!
    10-21-2016 12:20 PM
    I was holding off in responding to this but have reached a point I think it now needs to be said...

While I agree in principle, I hope you understand it's the nature of such forums as not everyone is as technically proficient as we are (ex. to post a thread as you just did: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...er-update.html). So IMHO your posts in this thread are not very helpful and in reality actually discourage people from posting at all! I don't think that's your intention but is what is perceived...
    Right!
    10-21-2016 10:37 PM
    It just sounds like he has a major attitude. I like these topics and being that I just bought a used Note 4 this topic is really helpful.
    10-22-2016 08:35 AM
    I have not noticed much of a difference in battery life as of now.

I did notice that after this update (N910VVRU2CPG2) the iheartradio app has stopped disconnecting from my truck's bluetooth after each song it played. Now the songs play without disconnection just like it used to before the Marshmallow update (when it stopped working). From what I understand, the iheartradio tech people blamed the Marshmallow update for this problem.
    10-22-2016 09:20 AM