2 yrs old battery...

Jason Benoit

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Being in Canada... this fall was up for an upgrade...I currently have the Note 4...had it since the release...quite frankly I'm still in love with it.....but considered the Note 7...luckily since Canada is always behind at getting phone especially first, I never did due to the recalls...

Now I'm sitting back and enjoying my Note 4 for a bit longer until something else impresses me, which nothing else does now.... my only gripe with it is the battery....was always great.... would last me a day and a half at best...recharged amazingly fast....

Lately I've noticed that by end of day I'm almost dead.... and recharging is taking forever..... the fast recharge part up to 50% still exist but seems like afterwards goes VERY VERY slow to 100%....

Would getting good a new battery solve these issues.... in the past I didn't bother since I thought I was going to upgrade, but if I'm going good to stick with it... I'm wondering if a new battery would make it feel more like new Again? Just to note that I keep my phone very clean, meaning I don't have a bunch of stuff running ...constantly closing background ones and uninstalling what I don't need... so I know that's not the issue for battery drain ;)

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Letting the battery drain until you're "almost dead" can kill a battery in a lot less than 2 years. Lithium batteries are not deep-discharge technology. Charge when it gets down to 50% - 40% at the lowest.

As for the battery, either Samsung or Anker are good - and available on Amazon. (The site may not be "currently" out of stock - it's an old phone, so they may not carry that battery any more.)

pascaldemo

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Experienced a quicker drain in my 20-month-old Note 4. I pulled the battery and noticed a slight swelling. Immediately ordered a new one from Samsung and now get the same longevity as when it was new.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463