I have a galaxy note 4 running OS 6.0.1. The phone turns on fine and works fine (with the occasional battery issues as we all know). I read that it may help the battery if you wipe the cache every once in awhile and I had never done it since I got the phone awhile back, so I figured it would be a good time to do it. When I turned my phone off and held the appropriate buttons to boot in system recovery so I can wipe the cache, it showed the green android robot saying that it is installing a software update (which when I manually checked before it said there wasn't one)....then the robot fell on the ground and it said "No Command". It then proceeded to let me into system recovery mode. Why did it do that and is it important to fix it? Would this have some kind of effect on my phone performance or battery if it's a problem?
    10-19-2016 11:33 AM
    1. It's not really necessary to wipe the system cache "every once in a while" - you can try it if there's a problem. (Storage cache - which is really app cache - is usually what causes problems, and it should be wiped - if there's a problem.)

2. If the phone is working, there's nothing to "fix" (fixing what's not broken can cause the phone to malfunction). If it's giving you a problem, the carrier sent the update, so bring it to them and see if they can reinstall the update. (Some can, some can't - and you didn't say which one you use - if it's not in the US, I'd have no idea.)
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-19-2016 11:46 AM
    Thanks for the response Rukbat and Synycalwon! It helps a lot. I'm in Canada on the Koodo Mobile network, so if it aint broke, i won't fix it lol.
    10-20-2016 10:18 AM