NOTE 4 running slow crashing cant turn on

WARMAN-12

Oct 26, 2016
Visit site
OK so I have had problems with my note 4 draining the battery fast,running very slow and freezing and even rebooting itself and for a while was unable to turn it on!
So I had no choice but to do a factory reset held the volume up button/power button and the home button then you navigate though the menu to wipe data and reboot.
Thinking this would solve the problem but believe me it does not but at least I was able to now get it to turn on!
The problem is 100% software do not buy a new battery I came across a video on YouTube that advised to download an app called "wakelock" pick the one that says "power manager" has an icon of a light bulb and padlock..from the play store.
I was skeptical at first how this would work but it does!
download the app and open it,from the list pick number 4 "partial wake lock" and it's a miracle somehow solved all the issues I have been having has something to do with keeping the cpu awake not sure why this works but it does hope this helps a lot of people as it did me this drove me mad for ages looking for a fix.
Ryan

"Should have stuck with kitkat 4.4 battery would last a day and a half and ran smooth"😬

Last edited:

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I bought mine from eBay last weekend and I'm having the same issues. Just this morning it rebooted several times and then would not turn on. I really want to return this but not sure if he'll take it back. But I will give this a try. Heck the phone is not even activated with tmobile yet. Still using the note 7 as I type this. Thanks for the advise and hope this works. Keep us updated on your success.

cinnamin

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
This wake lock app works! I'm having the same issues with my note 4.so far it seems to be working. I did take it into my carrier though, my phone was rebooting and getting hot. They decided to get me a replacement.i don't have a spare phone.this wake lock is a great fix until I get my replacement note 4.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I maybe figured something out. This phone was running fine all day until I was trying to open one app then boom it freezes up and shuts off then the process of rebooting again. I took out the SD card and boom it starts up right away. I tried the same thing the night I got it because I had my 256 GB card and thought that it was too much for the phone to handle. Kinda strange but I wonder if this has anything to do with the card? This happened tonight with wake lock running in the background.