Average Battery Usage in Note 4

yui548

Jul 21, 2015
Visit site
What is the average battery usage for Note 4? I feel like it decreases too much compared to before. I was using it to browse the internet, basically Facebook and a few websites, and it decreased like 40% in a little over an hour. I've already tried a factory reset hoping it would fix my battery issues but nothing changed. When I look at the apps and the percentage, Screen takes up the most battery (around 13%) and the on screen time was around 3 hours and 40 minutes. Is this normal? Is this just due to the normal depreciation of the battery? It's been almost one and a half years since I bought it.

josuts

Feb 29, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you guys need a new but extended battery! Got my Note 4 as used few days ago and went on to buy an extended battery immediately!

420lyfe

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
Definitely sounds like battery has worn off and done it's job. I would recommend replacing the batteries with Original OEM batteries to keep you guys going again for a while. This should hopefully do the trick...

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
It dipped 40% in about an hour but you've got nearly 4 hrs of screen time? FB is a known battery hog, too. I'm getting about 4 - 5 hours screen-on time on a single charge.

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Yeah you do need a new battery. I was having the similar issue some months ago and a new original battery for the note 4 solved it.

RadeonHD4250

Jan 11, 2016
Visit site
For me I go based on Uptime.
On average I can get and average of 3.5 - 5 hours of SoT with an average Uptime of 36-48 hours.

I get so much more runtime when I cut back from social media.

John_Cline

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes, batteries have a limited number of charges and then they need to be replaced. I had a Note 4 for a couple of years but had to replace the battery in it twice because I just used them up. The phone would just discharge rapidly just like was described in the original post.

I recently got an LG V20 because it's the only new high-end phone that has a replaceable battery. This is important to me.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
On my Note 4, today with two brand new OEM batteries that I swap between, I get about 2-3 hrs screen time with about 1-2 days standby. This standby and screen time usage is nearly identical to what I get on my Note 5 and S7 Edge so that's perfectly normal for me. Sometimes I barely get an hours of screen time during that 1-2 days standby on any of these phones.

If I don't use the phone at all during the week, the standby time is nearly eight days. My Note 4 is rooted also.