Dropped phone, cracked something under glass, what should I do?

bhaviksheth

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I dropped my phone and cracked something under the screen but I don't know exactly what I have broken and what I have to replace to fix the problem. I have not broken the top glass but something glass-like directly under. There's a curve crack under the screen which I can see clearly using the reflection of the light at a certain angle. After I dropped it, the screen went black and hasn't worked since. The phone works perfectly fine because my phone rings when I use another phone to call it but I cannot answer using the touchscreen but I can answer using the button on my headphones.

bhaviksheth

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site
I should have mentioned that I want to repair it myself. I want to know what I have to replace. I found a repair guide on ifixit on how to replace the display assembly on a Note 4 which I think is what I have to do but I want assurance this is the correct repair.

braxtoq

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
The LCD is damaged if you see a crack under the glass, unless you have a tempered glass screen protector, if that's the case you may just have a cracked glass and the tempered glass didn't crack, although that's would be rare. Google uBreakiFix, you can get a free diagnostic and they will beat a competitive published price, provide a 90 day warranty and use OEM spec parts!