Nova Launcher Question

MrMELTDOWN

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
I recently downloaded and configured Nova Launcher and I'm loving it. I'm going to get Nova Prime I think but I have a couple of questions. Is it possible to put apps besides the camera and phone icon on the lock screen? And second, I liked the file folder look on TouchWiz with lollypop. With Marshmallow TouchWiz the folders look like they do on the iPhone. How can I configure my folders to look more like they did with lollypop TouchWiz and with different colors? I don't particularly like the look of the folders I have on Nova so far.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe Nova allows you to customize the lockscreen.

When you talk about file folders, are you talking about folders on the homescreen that contain app shortcut icons?

MrMELTDOWN

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
When you talk about file folders, are you talking about folders on the homescreen that contain app shortcut icons?

Exactly, the way they look on my home screen at the moment are the square, black in color using grid. It's not as appealing as it once was when I had the file folder image with different colors and tiny little icon grid type of look. I'm not sure to what extent I can change this if I get Nova Prime though I can see some other benefits.

Mr_Spencer

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Exactly, the way they look on my home screen at the moment are the square, black in color using grid. It's not as appealing as it once was when I had the file folder image with different colors and tiny little icon grid type of look. I'm not sure to what extent I can change this if I get Nova Prime though I can see some other benefits.

With Nova prime you can customize the way the apps in folders are sorted, the style that the folder has on the outside (stacked, 4 corners, one behind the other, etc), as well as the color of the folder. Let me see if I can get u a screenshot...

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks to Mr_Spencer for those screenshots! There's no native "manila folder" image, but you could use the Custom option seen above to create your own folder background. Find a manila folder icon on the web that suits your preference and download it, then play around with the Custom option to see if it looks ok for you.

MrMELTDOWN

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Thanks very much you guys. I had a feeling I'd have to do something like finding a download to get what I want. I had tried to research the question before asking. I like the look I can get without the square so I'll go that way when I get Prime. I might try later to get some custom icons from packs I can use to stack apps behind. Thanks Again,

AXEL314

Apr 21, 2015
Visit site
Is it possible to put apps besides the camera and phone icon on the lock screen?

One option for this is to install Good Lock UI, Samsung's own UI refresh. Though not officially available on the Note 4, installing it through apkmirror, it runs almost perfect on our phone. I say almost because as far as I know, the latest release still does not correct the issue with fingerprint unlock not working. Keep in mind if you do go the Good Lock UI route, it will replace Touchwiz with more traditional Android layout. It's great though because of the number of customization options on the lockscreen and in the look of your notification tray (as well as notification features). I've been using it for a few months now and can't go back to Touchwiz.

MrMELTDOWN

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Axel, I'll keep that in mind. I've also noticed in the playstore there are a number of lock screens I can install. Supposedly some will allow installation of additional apps.