12-13-2016 01:10 AM
53 123
tools
    my att note 4 is doing same thing. I have a new battery and did restore to factory twice. I also took to att to have then restore my firmware. Same issues....Im reading around and some say its the new Marshmellow causing it
    11-30-2016 06:47 PM
    Im reading around and some say its the new Marshmellow causing it
    This wouldn't surprise me at all. Have you spoken to AT&T to ask if you can have your phone reverted to LP? Over the phone, they might not help, so you might need to visit a carrier store.
    11-30-2016 08:17 PM
    Nope they are trying tell my my phone is failing. They did a reinstall of MM but they said they can't go to LP
    11-30-2016 10:51 PM
    I have verizon. Last time this happened I took it to the official verizon store and they just tried to sell me a new phone and gave me the assurion number to call. Useless!

Paid $100 for an assurion replacement which now several months later is freezing and rebooting again.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    11-30-2016 10:52 PM
    Nope they are trying tell my my phone is failing. They did a reinstall of MM but they said they can't go to LP
    The problem with ATT is that you can't readily get stock firmware from places like Sammobile or Youmobile, you have to find it elsewhere on the net. Your best bet is to visit the ATT XDA forums and see if you can find any info on downgrading. It probably can be done, but you'll have to search a bit.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-30-2016 11:56 PM
    Asurion is sending me a Note 5. I have 7 days to see if I can live without an SD card
    12-01-2016 11:44 AM
    Sounds like you're seeing a lot of problems. Did you happen to take note of the battery percentage when these things happen? The reason I'm asking is that although you've swapped batteries, it could still be a battery problem. I know it sounds far fetched, but I own 4 spare batteries. One of these batteries will cause random reboots, and it always happens when the battery has about 47% left. My phone doesn't get a random reboot if I use the other 3 batteries no matter what the percentage is. However, as soon as I start using this one battery, the phone runs perfectly until it reaches 47%, and then the phone reboots on it's own. After that first reboot, the phone will reboot again randomly and cause all kinds of issues until I swap out it out. Needless to say, I don't use this battery anymore.

It may not be your battery, but if your phone runs fine for a period of time, and then starts doing some weird stuff, take note of the battery percentage and see if after a full charge, the same thing happens when the battery again hits that percentage.

Of course, if it's constantly rebooting no matter what you do, and at anytime, then the problem could be much deeper.
    I've tried 2 different batteries, and there is no rhyme or reason..ie no specific % that it happens at. It happens even when it's plugged in. I did a factory reset and it still behaves the same. It's absolutely insane that a replacement unit is doing the exact same thing my first one did, within 6 months. I read on XDA for solutions as many are having this issue. Some have said the wake lock app worked for them - setting it to partial wake. This so far has seemed to do the trick, but now my music player keeps starting up every so often. LOL. This is a nightmare. I'm calling square trade right now. Am so done with this mess
    12-01-2016 12:19 PM
    Asurion is sending me a Note 5. I have 7 days to see if I can live without an SD card
    Yeah I'm kind of wondering if square trade even has note 4's to replace mine with....You might end up loving it

Did you have to pay the deductible again?
    12-01-2016 12:20 PM
    Yeah I'm kind of wondering if square trade even has note 4's to replace mine with....You might end up loving it

Did you have to pay the deductible again?
    It was still within the year warranty so no. Now I have 2 extra note 4 batteries tho.
    12-01-2016 01:50 PM
    A new update happened today, I'll have see if it fixed anything.
    12-01-2016 01:50 PM
    ... and a replaceable battery.

EDIT... Just remembered something... when the Note 5 first came out, there were many changes... things were removed compared to the Note 4. While some changes may have been reinstated via updates, you might check to see if they're available. I had listed most changes a while back in this post. Just putting it up here so you don't get surprised in case some of it hasn't been reinstated.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post4639634
    12-01-2016 02:03 PM
    The only reason I ever took out my battery or bought a new one was because of the reasons for needing a new device in the first place.

Gonna miss the IR blaster.
    12-01-2016 05:20 PM
    Well, also keep in mind that you'll probably get a refurb Note 5, so the battery may be of concern. Something for you to monitor, I guess.

EDIT... Oh yah, you'll get the theme store, so that would be nice.
    12-01-2016 06:36 PM
    Omfg...what's going my lockscreen doesn't work now. When I hit power Mt screen doesn't lock, instead it's acting like lock instantly isn't turned on..
    12-01-2016 07:07 PM
    Omfg...what's going my lockscreen doesn't work now. When I hit power Mt screen doesn't lock, instead it's acting like lock instantly isn't turned on..
    Bad to worse? You might try wiping cache partition in recovery.
    12-01-2016 09:30 PM
    I've tried 2 different batteries, and there is no rhyme or reason..ie no specific % that it happens at. It happens even when it's plugged in. I did a factory reset and it still behaves the same. It's absolutely insane that a replacement unit is doing the exact same thing my first one did, within 6 months. I read on XDA for solutions as many are having this issue. Some have said the wake lock app worked for them - setting it to partial wake. This so far has seemed to do the trick, but now my music player keeps starting up every so often. LOL. This is a nightmare. I'm calling square trade right now. Am so done with this mess
    I was just putting it out there as something to look at. Really sounds OS related if keeping the CPU awake has helped. Sorry to hear you're having so many problems!
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    12-01-2016 09:47 PM
    Thanks I know. Sorry am just so frustrated as the same thing is happening on the replacement device that happened on the original. What kind of luck is that?! Remind me not to play the lottery lol.

Well that's just it. Has to be OS related if the app is keeping it from happening? Apparently this app is keeping the phone from going in deep sleep or keeping the cpu running in the background. But if it was the OS, wouldn't a factory reset have fixed it?
    nahoku likes this.
    12-02-2016 03:47 PM
    Might be MM itself if there was an update pushed recently, so a factory reset wouldn't fix it. The OS might need to get reflashed. If you're close to a Bestbuy they should be able to reflash the phone, or your carrier store... hopefully with firmware that's not updated to the latest. Unfortunately, AT&T doesn't release their software so you can't readily download it and flash in Odin. Someone may have released it on XDA though, or even a way to downgrade to LP. At least if you could downgrade, it would prove/disprove a hardware problem. I don't use AT&T, so I only know what I read.
    hamsterwheel likes this.
    12-02-2016 06:12 PM
    Seems to do it when Bluetooth is on...odd I never notice it did that before

But flashing and restore did nothing, it's still bad and laggy and reboots on own
    12-02-2016 09:08 PM
    I'm telling you guys I'm convinced it's the software.

This wasn't happening at all until I turned on Wi-Fi and it forced me to download an update.

Once the update finished that's when things went downhill.

Unless we all got hit by a virus.
    12-03-2016 05:00 AM
    Just be careful.

My phone died officially because I was in my car listening to music reclined. My Note wouldn't go past the recovery screen. I remember it was at like 40% before it wouldn't go to the home screen anymore. Anyways, I fell asleep for about 30 minutes because it was stuck on the "Installing Update" screen right after the Recovery Mode Odin screen.

When I woke up the phone wouldn't come on anymore. So my advice to you is don't let the battery die out while it's on htat screen or who knows maybe even just from regular usage.

Whatever the case may be this is some serious bull.

Unfortunately I'm upgrading to iPh7plus until after a few months after the Note 8 releases.

---

Side note: What really pissed me off was when I went to the AT&T store. The guy was deadset on trying to sell me a new phone instead of telling me what the problem was. They plugged it in for diagnostics and he wouldn't tell me what was wrong just said I needed to get a new phone. Such BS I almost cussed him out and walked out. I understand he gets commission from sales but he showed no interest in helping me trying to figure out what the actual problem was.
    12-03-2016 05:04 AM
    Seems to do it when Bluetooth is on...odd I never notice it did that before

But flashing and restore did nothing, it's still bad and laggy and reboots on own
    I haven't turned on Bluetooth in about 5 months and it was doing it anyways.
    12-03-2016 05:05 AM
    MM was pushed to my device about a couple months age - yeah I know it's ATT very slow. Had been working fine up until now. I don't recall any security patches lately but there could have been I don't remember. At any rate, I managed to convince Square Trade to send yet another replacement. But I think before I send the old one back, I will get the Samsung guy at Best Buy to reflash and see if that solves it.
    nahoku likes this.
    12-03-2016 08:26 AM
    MM was pushed to my device about a couple months age - yeah I know it's ATT very slow. Had been working fine up until now. I don't recall any security patches lately but there could have been I don't remember. At any rate, I managed to convince Square Trade to send yet another replacement. But I think before I send the old one back, I will get the Samsung guy at Best Buy to reflash and see if that solves it.
    Good luck... I hope the 3rd times the charm!
    12-03-2016 02:18 PM
    there was an update pushed not last month dated Nov. 01-2016 Android 6.01 Baseband N910AUCU2PK1 Build NumberMMB29M, I don't know what it addressed.
    12-03-2016 02:53 PM
53 123