Note 4 issues the last 4 days.

MasturB

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
I've had this phone since March 2015. Everything was going fine and dandy until 4 days ago, Wi-Fi was on so naturally updates start coming on.

I have a 64gbsdhc card which is working great.

Issues that have arose in the last 4 days:
  • Phone reboots itself randomly.
  • Phone reboots while having only 1 app
  • Phone is lagging tremendously. For example, I was watching a Youtube video, and someone was calling me. The small green call box was on, and I repeatively pressed ANSWER, but it kept ringing ringtone playing while the youtube video playing but no response and phone call missed.
  • Phone reboots while charging.
  • Phone keeps freezing from minor use (text message, calculator)
  • Sometimes it stays on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 opening screen and freezes. Sometimes it makes it to the AT&T logo and then freezes.
  • Lately it's been popping up on the Android screen, says Downloading, Do Not Close Target.

I have to take the battery out for it to work, and even then it's like 75/25 goes to home screen or freezes on turning on. I also noticed for the first time since I've had this phone, it would say SYSTEM UI NOT RESPONDING and close itself.

All of this has happened in the last few days and it's annoying! I was gonna get a Note 7 but we all know how that turned out... now I have to consider iPhone 7+ or Blackberry Priv.

MasturB

Aug 7, 2016
Visit site
May or may not help.
My note 4 started to run very sluggish and warm after its most recent update from TMO. They introduced a wifi glitch that can be fixed.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge/744627-phone-gets-hot-lags.html#post5567380
Post 4 is my description and post 6 is a fix.
If you switch wifi on and off this could also be happening to your device. Worth a check.

I don't see a Privacy and Safety.

I see Private Mode, Safety Assistance.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I found after a reboot the setting for always on scanning wifi for location was back to enabled. Not sure if it has happened every reboot or not as the Note 4 is now my back up device.

obiesarmywife

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
Have you already tried wiping the cache partition? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28932
Will this work on an att note 4 also? Just wondering if it's the same 3 buttons ect. Thanks in advance. I got one of the note 4s with the battery issue unfortunately so it shuts off and says it's dead at 50% battery started at 20% and has slowly gotten worse got a new battery and now it just won't charge past 87% I googled and it's a common issue that was never addressed or fixed so I thought I'd give this a try

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like it might be a hardware issue, then -- power button or motherboard. You'd probably have to bring it to a repair shop. Sorry!

kirksucks

May 26, 2011
Visit site
This sounds like what's been happening to me. Started yesterday.

Funny thing is that this is a replacement for a note 4 that was doing the same thing. One difference is that it was doing the super quick low warning reboot battery drain thing and eventually just didn't turn back on.

I've factory reset and cleared cache. Bare bones apps and it's still freezing and rebooting. Haven't fully confirmed but it seems like it's worse when using Google apps.

obiesarmywife

Nov 26, 2016
Visit site
Does the phone hang in recovery mode also, or can you leave it there without problems? Just curious if it's the OS messing up.
I don't think it's the OS at least for my battery issue because I recently upgraded to MM and it still does it but the freezing rebooting thing I dobt know fortunately mine doesn't do that. I wish I hadn't been unlucky because hubby has the exact same phone and his is great doesn't do this. But when we had our note 2s he was the one that had the phone with the WiFi issue that some note 2s have now with the 4s I get the known battery issue which sucks since the note 5 has no SD slot or removable battery. Thank God my birthday is in 12 days and I'm getting a new phone just have to decide if I'm sticking with the note and going 5 anyway or going with the s7 or going back to iPhone with however I really don't want to resort back to iPhone... Any suggestions??