I have a note 4 that is paid off and not being used. I wanted to give it to a friend who needs a phone but she has att prepaid.

Since the note4 used the bigger sim card its not a matter of just trying it, i would like to know if it would work before going through w changing sim cards.

Also, did they or do they make a sim card adapter that allows the smaller card to be used in a bigger tray?

Thanx in advance
    11-27-2016 05:13 AM
    All the Verizon LTE devices should be "unlocked" as part of the agreement to get some of the bandwidth they have.

That said, it should work just fine with ATT.

They do make sim card adapters.

This is the sim card adapter kit I had ordered. There are MANY others like it.
    https://smile.amazon.com/Adapter-Tec...m+card+adapter
    11-27-2016 06:20 AM
    LTE won't work but 3G should
    11-27-2016 07:27 AM
    The different Note 4 models support different LTE bands, largely based on the carrier they are issued by. Although there is a very high overlap in the bands they support, if your friend is in an area where AT&T happens to use LTE Band 3, the Verizon Note 4 isn't going to see it.

Note 4 Models with LTE Bands and Chipsets | Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Having said that, HSPA/HSPA+ and the other GSM bands should still work fine, and there is a very high chance that LTE should work as well.

For temporary testing of your smaller SIM, you don't really need a SIM adapter, though it is more convenient. The Note 4 has a SIM slot, not a tray. You can place the SIM carefully so the metal pads on the SIM chip line up with the pins on the SIM slot, and just use a toothpick or bit of plastic to slowly work it out when you are done testing. The SIM slot will hold it in place just fine for gentle handling.

The adapter is only needed to hold the SIM card firmly in place in the SIM slot if the phone gets bumped or something. I'd recommend an adapter if the testing shows that it's going to work for her, of course.
    11-29-2016 09:33 AM