Note 4 to S7 edge... Mistake?!?!?!

EJHcab

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
I'll start by saying I am glad I have 14 days to figure if I like the s7 edge or not. So far day 3... Not so much. I love the snappy-ness(made up word) of the s7 edge. I just miss to many small things about the Note 4. S-pen(never thought I say that) IR blaster, size and ease of screen protector. The s7 edge is a beautiful phone. Display is great. I just feel those items are something I need.

Some might ask why a thread? Maybe just to vent hahaha. I will say I will never own an Apple again. Also just to ask if I am looing to deep into stupid items and just live with the S7 edge. (if the S7 was bigger I would just get that).

Ok Im done. When is the Note 8 or s8 plus coming out? :D

Chris

ps would the Pixel xl be a better option? I just found myself hitting the return chin area and nothing happen ;)

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I can't give up my S Pen... use it multiple times a day. Nor, my removable battery. I have zero problems with my Note 4(s) except Bluetooth can dropout at times, as I've mentioned in other threads. So I'll stick with these phones for a long while.

TwitchyPuppy

Trusted Member
Feb 18, 2015
Visit site
If it weren't for the convenience of the S-Pen for my clients to sign directly on the phone, I'd definitely go with the Pixel XL.

But, I'd miss the IR Blaster.

EJHcab

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
I was having a few issues with my note 4 and marshmallow. I should have cleared the phone then installed and then loaded it with my junk. Let's see how day 4 goes...

Chris

dabombcra

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm sticking with the note 4 for now. My reasons are the S-pen, IR and the battery. I have had to replace my battery 2 times. Having that ability is a must for me.

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I'll start by saying I am glad I have 14 days to figure if I like the s7 edge or not. So far day 3... Not so much. I love the snappy-ness(made up word) of the s7 edge. I just miss to many small things about the Note 4. S-pen(never thought I say that) IR blaster, size and ease of screen protector. The s7 edge is a beautiful phone. Display is great. I just feel those items are something I need.

Some might ask why a thread? Maybe just to vent hahaha. I will say I will never own an Apple again. Also just to ask if I am looing to deep into stupid items and just live with the S7 edge. (if the S7 was bigger I would just get that).

Ok Im done. When is the Note 8 or s8 plus coming out? :D

Chris

ps would the Pixel xl be a better option? I just found myself hitting the return chin area and nothing happen ;)
I went from the Note 4 to S7 Edge to, and I am actually quite happy, the battery life alone made it worth the move, the S7E gets better battery life than a Note 4 that is in Power Save Mode.
The faster and much better quality Camera and IP68 Protection have also come in very handy.

I am also loving the Condensed Display function in my S7E, it fits more content into the Display more than the Note 4 did with the smallest Font setting.

As I type this my Note 4 is updating, its UI looks dated, the UI wasn't meant for such a big display, so much space wasted

evohicks

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I have been seriously considering the S7E, my contract with the Note 4 is due to expire soon, I love the look and feel of the S7E, it's a beautiful phone but it doesn't have the S pen, which I do use on my Note 4. I was definately going to get the Note 7 and was so annoyed about what happened, especially as Samsung failed to release the Note 5 in the UK.

So maybe Samsung might release a note along side the S8 this spring, who knows but I will use my Note 4 until the next Note comes.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
My wife has an S7 Edge. I'm stubbornly holding on to my Note 4 because a replaceable battery and S-Pen have become things that I use and depend on daily.

I would give up S-Pen if necessary, but a pair of dead Moto X (original and 2014) have taught me that a sealed battery and me are not compatible things. I use my phones really hard, and I go through a battery about every 6-12 months. Almost two years in, I am on battery #4 on my Note 4 and still happy.

Having said that, there are things about the S7E that I like very much.

The camera appears to be the result of high technology mixed with a little black magic. My Note 4 camera is fine in daylight, arguably outperforms the S7E in a few circumstances, but the S7E walks all over my Note 4 whenever the light levels drop a bit or there are action photos to be taken.

My Note 4 is 2 years old and therefore has had some AMOLED burn-in. A new S7E screen is just soooooo.. shiiiiiny... The screen is incredibly bright, although I know in a couple of years it be a teeny bit less bright like AMOLED does.

I actually wouldn't mind lowering the screen size just a bit for my daily carrying phone, and the S7E does a very good job of packing a slightly smaller screen into what feels like a MUCH smaller package.

In balance, though, replaceable battery wins out for me. I can do without S-Pen, I can ditch IR Blaster, but I can't have a phone that lets me down half way through a busy day if I cannot find a power outlet - swapping out a battery is so much faster and more convenient if that happens - plus I can get all-day life out of a new battery for about 3-4 months before they start fading to the point where I need to carry a spare.

Your usage, preferences, and mileage will of course vary. :)

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I dislike the curve to the point of hating, so IMO yes. Note 4 has a nice flat 5.7" display while the 7E has a display that is only legible with 5.2" due to the curve.

Plus Note 4 has replaceable battery and same amount of storage. Note 4 rocks with MM update, stock reset and a new battery :)

Realized I liked it so much now, I cancelled my V20 order.

EJHcab

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Im switching content back to my note 4 currently and going back to the Note 4 until the new Samsung phones are released. Ive waiting this long. And the N4 is paid in full. Now I can change my bedroom tv hahaha.

The S7e is a great phone. I am just not a fan of the curved screen and I need a screen protector(construction). The S7E feels so dainty.

I was going to get the pixel and LG.

Chris

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I have the Note 4, my wife has the 7edge (was a Note7). Camera is a huge upgrade and a little snappier. Like me get over the fact we have been looking at this phone for nearly 2 years. The 4 is a great phone, probably the best except the 7. I am sticking with it until the new series comes out. Change the wallpaper.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks