I noticed starting a few days ago that I have been unable to access the Google account security settings when connected to my home wifi (no problems using other wifi or mobile data). When going to that page it simply times out and says I have no data connection (which I've confirmed it's not true). Also, I cannot open Pokemon Go on my home wifi, which coincidentally uses my Google credentials to log in. But other apps/games (Clash of Clans, Google App Store) work and load just fine.

That made me nervous, so today I changed my Google password. Shortly after I changed my password, I went in to the Google account security settings, which opens up a browser (Dolphin for me) and prompts me to enter my password. It does not accept my new password. Then when I click the Forgot Password option, the next screen says "Account help for xxxxxx@gmail.com", where the xxxxx's are my old password? WTF?

The second issue only happens with Dolphin, when I changed my default browser it worked okay. That that is very strange, like someone has redirected my Google account into a different account. Or maybe it's just a web page glitch with how Dolphin is sending and receiving data to Google's web page, and has nothing to do with the first issue.

Anyone ever had these problems?
    12-05-2016 04:01 PM
    First, try disabling IPv6 on your home router's settings. If you don't know how, check the router's manual for instructions on how to log into the router settings webpage from your computer browser. For some reason, traffic to Google servers can sometimes have problems if IPv6 is enabled, but do fine on IPv4.

Can you try recovering your account using this method? https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery/
    ToddL likes this.
    12-06-2016 12:40 AM
    Thanks, I'll give that a shot. I've also noticed that when google registers devices that have logged in to my google account, My Note 4 is listed multiple times. When it registers it under my original Note 4, everything works fine. But many times at home it registers it under a different (new) Note 4 (even though it's the same phone), and that's when Google doesn't seem to want to let my phone access my Google account login/security information.
    12-06-2016 10:38 AM
    Check to make sure your router's firmware is fully up to date. Also make sure your router is set to an appropriate security protocol (usually WPA2-PSK/AES).
    ToddL likes this.
    12-06-2016 05:20 PM