Issue Receiving Calls

kobe008

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Lately my Note 4 has had some issues when I receive a call. The phone rings and when I answer there is nothing there. So I hang up and if the person calls me right back then it works fine and I can hear them. The only thing I have not tried is a factory reset of the phone which I dont really want to do unless nobody else has any suggestions. Also if I need support do I call Verizon, Samsung, or Best Buy since that is where I bought it. The phone is 2 years old so no warranty is left.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried clearing the cache partition? It's unlikely to help a lot but can't hurt, and it's harmless.

Also, does this happen when you are on CDMA only most of the time, or LTE?

If CDMA, perhaps try disabling any apps that may be interfering with the incoming call (caller ID apps, that sort of thing) if you have them? Caller ID apps often do a quick data lookup to find the name, and if you are on a signal that does not allow voice and data at the same time (like Verizon 3G), the use of the radio for data may be interfering with its ability to connect the voice call properly.

If LTE, maybe the phone is unhappy trying to use some of the Enhanced LTE services and Voice-over-LTE - try disabling those features - it will not interfere with using LTE data at all, it will just force your calls to the older and perhaps more reliable CDMA network.

As far as getting someone to help with the problem (assuming none of the above works), since it is receipt of phone calls that is the basic problem your best bet is to start with Verizon. However, no matter who you contact, their first suggestion will probably be a factory reset.

kobe008

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I turned off HD Calling and so far it seems to be working. In fact calls seem to sound better with this turned off.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante