Note 4 Batteries from Shopandroid

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I bought two of these Samsung 3220mAh Standard Battery for Galaxy Note 4 - Android Batteries - ShopAndroid about 9 months ago (March). Last night I noticed one is ballooned up quite a bit. Checked the second one and it too is doing the same thing although not as bad (put either on a flat surface and they spin like a top wobbling around - NOT normal!). While they still seem to work normally holding a good charge I've stopped using them to avoid any risk of damaging the phone or worrying about what it may do while in the external battery charger. Also just noticed someone posted a review in October reporting the same thing.

In comparison the two I bought from Verizon around the same time (when I wasn't sure if these from Shopandroid were genuine or not) are NOT showing any signs of ballooning. All four have been used the same in being rotated equally from phone to external Samsung spare battery charger (never use phone itself to charge).

So buyer beware! I no longer recommend these batteries! :(

Last edited:

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the heads-up. Odd that they claim it is OEM (and charge OEM-like pricing for it) but don't include a plastic carrying case like OEM batteries usually do - at least according to a review on the page. It's so hard to source OEM that is real OEM any more - I usually end up just buying from a reputable third party like Anker.

ChetManley762

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I also bought an "OEM" battery for Shopandroid. It lasted about a month and then stopped holding a charge. I'll get maybe an hour of SOT and then it dies completely around 20%.

Anker batteries have worked much better for me. Lesson learned.

nahoku

Jan 26, 2013
Visit site
I too have recommended/bought batteries from Shopandroid... no problems with 2 batteries after about 8 months, and I have 2 others that were purchased about 2 months ago... but, I'll keep an eye on all of them. My original battery, 23 months old, just bloated about a week ago so now it can't be used. I cycle all my batteries and never charge in the phone. It'll be tough as time goes on to source OEM batteries for this phone, so I may have to go Anker one day.

but don't include a plastic carrying case like OEM batteries usually do - at least according to a review on the page.
That was my review to warn people about this. I also asked Shopandroid to change their listing to reflect this, (back in April), but they never did.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
The two that I bought on eBay for $11.99 or so back in May are still functioning amazingly well, just as if they came with my phone today.

20161221_142929.jpg