What are some overall user reviews here on the Note 4. I had one awhile back and enjoyed it. Might get one here soon as a 2nd phone. Are they getting updates still?
    12-30-2016 09:39 AM
    Hi, yes still getting updates, roughly one per 4 - 6 weeks lately. I have used one or two of some recent Samsung devices but not swayed me from the Note 4, waiting to see when or if the Note 8 arrives before deciding, I was just about to pull the trigger on a Note 7 but we know what happened there!
    Apparently the Note 4 is getting Android 7 but we'll see.
    12-30-2016 12:43 PM
    I still have mine. I don't have a sim card in it now so I'm using it at home on WiFi. I also have several batteries for mine and the Samsung external battery charger so all I have to do is swap the battery instead of plugging in a charger.

It's still a great phone, super fast dependable. I think I prefer it more then I do my Note 5.

I also have several phones though and my current daily is an S7 Edge.

T-Mobile does not list the Note 4 as one of the phones getting Nougat so I wouldn't hold my breath on that as far as any carrier goes.
    12-30-2016 01:46 PM
    I pulled the trigger on a Note 5 about two hrs ago. Shipping today, arriving tomorrow
    12-30-2016 02:12 PM
    I pulled the trigger on a Note 5 about two hrs ago. Shipping today, arriving tomorrow
    Are you in the UK?
    I was thinking about a Note 5 but as they weren't released in the UK I was worried about warranty issues.
    amyf27 likes this.
    01-01-2017 07:19 AM
    I'm in the u.s.
    01-01-2017 07:25 AM
    I've had my Note 4 for two years. I've gone through a lot of phones in the past and this is the longest I've had a phone. I will keep it until AT&T or Samsung turns it off
    01-01-2017 09:56 AM
    I've had my Note 4 for two years. I've gone through a lot of phones in the past and this is the longest I've had a phone. I will keep it until AT&T or Samsung turns it off
    That's great! Do you have black or white?
    01-01-2017 09:59 AM
    White...been in a spigen case with a bodyguardz glass from day one
    amyf27 likes this.
    01-01-2017 10:02 AM
    I still use my Note 4 daily, just don't have a sim card in it. I bought new batteries for it and a new S-View case for it last May. I also have my Note Edge but I haven't been using it in several months although it still works just as good. At one time, that Note Edge was my all time favorite phone and was my daily until I bought a S7 Edge. My Note 4/ Note Edge will be two years old in January.

I ordered both of these phones in January of that year on T-Mobile. Only problem was, T-Mobile forgot to charge me for the Note Edge. I called in March that year to check on the charge for it and they showed that I supposedly paid it off. They happily unlocked it just as they did with my Note 4 and it's been a great phone. I bought extra batteries for it too at the same time I did for the Note 4.
    amyf27 likes this.
    01-01-2017 10:06 AM
    The Note 4 is still a great phone. Among Samsung phones, I'd say the only phone that's better is the GS7E.
    huntnyc likes this.
    01-02-2017 01:59 AM
    I agree, a big factor is the removable battery, which alot of the latest tech doesn't have.
    huntnyc and cinnamin like this.
    01-02-2017 09:24 AM
    I still have my Note 4 - it is my daily driver after almost two years, and I still see nothing compelling enough to move to (even if the Note 7 hadn't started the whole debacle, I was still not quite interested enough to jump for one). The combination of a still-reasonably-recent OS, S-Pen, and of course that lovely replaceable battery keep me coming back for more, even though I have a 2-year replacement available and could get anything else I wanted at a pretty substantial discount.

I usually end up swapping phones after about 6-8 months because there is always something that has features I want more. In the last two years, there has literally been NOTHING that is worth even paying discounted upgrade pricing for over my Note 4.

Obviously, different people have different tastes and desires, and that's fine. I can only speak for myself in saying that the only thing that has come close recently to replacing my Note 4 is the LG V20, and that still isn't quite enough of an upgrade to make me consider spending $350 on a subsidized upgrade...
    huntnyc likes this.
    01-03-2017 11:12 AM
    Same here, two years and a month and counting! Longest I've ever had ANY mobile device. I used to upgrade early, many times paying full retail to get what I wanted, WHEN I wanted it, and did the same when I got this device, paying $720.00 for this just 4 months after having upgraded to an S4. But this has been the best phone I've EVER had, and I didn't even look at the 5 (I will NEVER EVER have a phone without a memory card slot), and when the 7 came out I figured I'd MAYBE get one AFTER the price came down, but I decided I didn't want the exploding feature that apparently came as standard...so I'm more than happy with my Note 4 and I have no problem keeping this for a couple more years.
    huntnyc likes this.
    01-04-2017 08:55 AM
    What are some overall user reviews here on the Note 4. I had one awhile back and enjoyed it. Might get one here soon as a 2nd phone. Are they getting updates still?
    I love this device! Longest I've ever had a phone, over 2 years and not even interested in ANYTHING else on the market.
    huntnyc likes this.
    01-04-2017 08:56 AM
    My Note 4 was a good phone but I recently upgraded to an S7 Edge and a difference - overall better performance, significantly better LTE performance (a big surprise), better camera with RAW support, smaller form factor, and the Bluetooth bug about regular dropouts doesn't appear. Really happy with the upgrade. I turned the Note 4 into a WiFi-only media device for my wife. I should add that as I never used the stylus that it wasn't a factor one way or another.
    huntnyc likes this.
    01-06-2017 05:44 PM
    I'm still using it as my daily driver. It's such an awesome phone and the replaceable battery is so great.

The only samsung phone that can challenge it is the gs7e.
    huntnyc likes this.
    01-06-2017 06:03 PM