Galaxy Note 4 Email problem

Boss Tech Support

Jan 20, 2017
Visit site
Hello people - hoping someone can help a frustrated person here who has been tasked by his boss with solving a problem!

On my boss's Galaxy Note 4, when he looks at an email in the built in app, tapping on a link does nothing. It used to open the relevant website. In Safe Mode it works fine. In the Gmail app for his personal emails it works fine. Out of Safe Mode it just won't work. I've tried soft resetting, and also closed all open apps, and then force stopped all apps and cleared their caches then restarted. Still nothing. This is clearly a conflict caused between a third party app and the built in Mail app - does anyone have any idea of the next step to clear this up?

The boss just wants it fixed and I'm running out of options! Any advice gratefully received!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to the App Manager, tap Menu/More, and then Reset All App Preferences. If that doesn't help, then open the Email app and see if there is an option to Open Links In App. If there is, try toggling it on or off (depending on what it's currently set to).

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc