I bought a note 4 around 2 weeks ago and it had a very good battery life that would sustain a whole day while dropping to 30% with moderate use
    Now I just can't go more than 13 hours without a recharge. It is definitely getting worse. Not to mention the fact that it randomly restarts (while I'm playing videos in audio mode with mxplayer most probably).
    Here are some informations

Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Don't you think android os is taking a higher amount than usual ? My friend has the same phone and his android os was like 4%

I really don't want to assume it's faulty hardware unless it truly is.
    Much appreciated.
    01-22-2017 11:12 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Facebook and FB Messenger are known to be significant battery (and memory) hogs, so you could try uninstalling them temporarily and see if there is a noticeable difference.
    01-24-2017 12:16 AM
    Shouldn't facebook be the top on power usage if it's the power hog you claim it to be ?

I have a list of issues with the phone

1- Facebook (along with some other apps) was for some reason a built-in app in my phone.
    2- I put ultra power-saving mode on when going to bed. Next morning it drains 2% of my battery, but here is the thing: battery consumption after cancelling UPSM is abnormal. It goes down 10% or so in less than 25 minutes (light/moderate use, minimum browsing)
    3- my Wifi had the highest battery consumption at 30%. I switched it off and 6 hours later it is at 45%. I actively tracked the battery consumption and it consumes 1 mAh every 15 seconds or so.

For a new phone these problems are way too much imo.
    Sorry for the wall of text I tried to make it as short as possible
    01-24-2017 03:46 PM
    It's possible that an app like Facebook or Messenger could be utilizing some components of the Android OS, which causes the OS battery usage to go up (even though it's indirectly due to FB).

Some phones come with Facebook preinstalled -- this means you can't uninstall it completely unless the phone is rooted. However, you should be able to go to the App Manager, select it, and tap Disable, which prevents the app from opening. So try doing that with FB (and uninstall FB Messenger, since I don't think that would be preinstalled) as a test, and see if the battery drain improves at all.

Is this actually a brand new phone, or was it used or refurbished? The Note 4 is fairly old, which makes it unlikely to be brand new. If it's used or refurbished, the battery might be old, already deteriorating, and/or a faulty replacement. You could try a new or different battery to see if the behavior changes.
    01-24-2017 11:02 PM
    I've had a Verizon Note 4 for the last two years, since it was the Samsung flagship. Battery life has always been very good.

Since the last update a few weeks ago, to Build MMB29M.N910VVRS2CPL1 battery life has tanked. I am not running any unusual apps, or apps I had not been running before, usage patters have not changed... if anything, I am using it less.

If I charge it at night and let it just sit overnight, it is down to 70% by morning. Mobile data is turned off.

Checking the battery screen in setting, there is nothing unusual indicated. Cell standby is 4%, Screen is 3% Phone idle and Android System are each 2%, Android OS is 1%. Nothing else is listed It's dropped 3% since I started tying this post.

The update appeared to offer nothing of substance, only the drastic reduction in battery life, and I no longer get any notification of new emails.

Thanks Verizon. Thanks Samsung. Most of all, thanks Google.
    01-25-2017 12:23 PM
    I've had a Verizon Note 4 for the last two years, since it was the Samsung flagship. Battery life has always been very good.

Since the last update a few weeks ago, to Build MMB29M.N910VVRS2CPL1 battery life has tanked. I am not running any unusual apps, or apps I had not been running before, usage patters have not changed... if anything, I am using it less.

If I charge it at night and let it just sit overnight, it is down to 70% by morning. Mobile data is turned off.

Checking the battery screen in setting, there is nothing unusual indicated. Cell standby is 4%, Screen is 3% Phone idle and Android System are each 2%, Android OS is 1%. Nothing else is listed It's dropped 3% since I started tying this post.

The update appeared to offer nothing of substance, only the drastic reduction in battery life, and I no longer get any notification of new emails.

Thanks Verizon. Thanks Samsung. Most of all, thanks Google.
    Revert it back to Lollipop 5.1.1
    01-25-2017 02:31 PM
    Now in addition to reduced battery life, in the last couple of days I find that it is no longer fast charging, even though it is set to fast charge in the battery options page. Nothing has been changed by me in the settings, no apps have had their settings changed, and no new apps have been installed.

I am currently at 79% charged, and it says it will be another 2 hours and 17 minutes until it is fully charged.

Just a few days ago, the battery could go from 15% to fully charged in under 90 minutes.

The only thing that has changed are that a bunch of apps have been updated.

If this is Verizon's, Samsung's, or Google's way of inducing me to update my ancient clunker, it is not likely to work.
    huntnyc likes this.
    02-05-2017 12:19 PM