I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 which I am no longer using as a phone, but as a media player. In it I have mounted a San Disk Ultra Plus 200GB Micro SD XC1 Card which houses my music collection. The problem is that the Micro SD Card is not being recognised by my Windows 10 Laptop or my iMac, running under Sierra.

Further investigations have produced the following results:

1. When the Micro SD Card is attached to either my Laptop or iMac via a card reader, both are able to read the card and its contents.
    2. When I attach the phone without the Micro SD card, both my Laptop and iMac find the phone via Samsung SmartSwitch and Android File Transfer respectively.
    3. When I mount the Micro SD Card into the phone neither the Laptop or Mac find the phone or the card via Samsung SmartSwitch and Android File Transfer respectively.
    4. When I experimented with a 32GB micro SD Card the Laptop and iMac found both the phone and the Micro SD Card.

I have gone through the process of Developer Options and USB Debugging and updating the software as 2 & 4 would not work if I had not.

My conclusions from all this are:

I find it hard to believe the format of the card is the issue as the card reader option would not work.
    Could the issue be the size of the card (200GB) as the smaller Micro SD Card (32GB) worked?

Any thoughts or suggestions most welcome!
    Gayle Lynn likes this.
    02-27-2017 07:44 AM
    2014 was when Note 4 came out and 200GB SD only later. And while it works, does Samsung officially support it in the Note?
    02-27-2017 08:18 AM
    Gayle. The odd thing is that it certainly does play the music when I use it independently as a media player, but there may be an underlying issue when it is connected to laptops and Macs. Bit strange, but there may well be some truth in what you say. Thanks for your thought.
    02-27-2017 09:38 AM
    Moved from the Galaxy Note forum to the Note 4 forum.
    09-27-2017 06:04 PM