This is a minor annoyance, but perhaps someone has found a workaround...

I haven't had an AT&T tethering-capable plan in a while and I forgot how annoying it is on the Note 4. I can enable hotspot just fine by going into settings / hotspot and flipping the ON switch, but AT&T took away the "enable hotspot" fast toggle and nothing else seems to work to enable it conveniently.

I've tried PowerToggles (which I've been using for a long time) and a half dozen apps that claim to enable the hotspot with a single button, and they just all update to whatever color means "in progress" (orange in the case of PowerToggles), drop my WiFi connection as expected, and... a whole lot of nothin' after that.

I have corporate email on the phone so I really can't get into rooting and ROMs much as I'd love to. I saw mention of a Samsung app for the S6 that restored the missing toggles, but I can't find it for the Note 4.

Has anyone out there with an AT&T Note 4 found a good toggle (home screen button or notification pulldown) that can turn hotspot on and off, or some way to allow PowerToggles (my personal favorite toggle app) to work for that?

Thanks!

PS: I am using a T-Mobile-based MVNO now, but the hotspot works just fine and dandy as long as I go to "options / tethering" and turn it on from there, so there's no problem with the hotspot itself.
    03-13-2017 12:23 PM
    Go to the App Manager, select Power Toggles, and see if Modify System Settings is set to Yes. Not sure if that would have anything to do with it.
    03-13-2017 08:16 PM
    Thanks for the reply. Nope, System Settings was turned on. Just to be safe I uninstalled the app, reinstalled it, then turned System Settings back on. It turns off WiFi but does not subseqently turn on the hotspot.

For now, I installed "Notification Toggle" which is also not capable of turning on the hotspot but at least it is capable of dumping me directly to the hotspot setup screen, where it's two simple taps to turn on hotspot. 2/3 of the way there in terms of convenience, anyway.
    03-14-2017 10:27 AM
    Hmm, that's annoying. I wish AT&T wouldn't tinker so much with their phones -- I can definitely do a one-touch hotspot toggle on my Nexus 6P. Hope you find a solution!
    03-14-2017 01:43 PM