slide to unlock screen suddenly

speedspeed

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
hi
I allways only have swipe to unlock, nothing else
now I wake up this morning

and now suddenly when I hook him up to pc or charger I get a good afternoon screen and on the bottom slide to unlock
it keeps changing pictures
if I slide this screen then after this I still get the swipe screen
but only when hooked up to the charger or pc

when its not hooked up I only get the swipe screen

just seen on the slide page a option to mute

still wanna know what is this and how remove completely?

indysteve9

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Saw this myself this morning too. Didn't give it much thought as I needed to use the phone immediately so I just swiped right and went on about my business. Then I read your post and went back to the phone and plugged it in and the swipe screen popped up. I then unplugged the phone and the swipe screen popped up again. Could this be part of the big security download a few days ago? I can't see the need for this as anyone could swipe right. SMH Maybe more to come? Enquireing minds want to know.:D

speedspeed

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Doubt it
It started this morning
and i did not download any security updates for weeks

Only thing i did was update a couple of aps this morning

williamyoon

Mar 14, 2017
Visit site
I'm getting this same annoying "lockscreen" as well. Just started this morning. I'm on a T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 4.

Every time I plug my phone in a charge or when I plug it out of the charger it appears.

I have already went through and tried seeing what apps were running to see which app was the culprit. I have already uninstall many apps which I thought was the offender to no avail.

I have attached screenshots of the offending slide to unlock screen. Can anybody confirm that it resembles what is showing up on your devices? I don't know what this is but it is super annoying. Probably not a coincidence that a security bug is affecting many of us users as this thread was posted today and I started getting this today aswell.

Screenshot_2017-03-14-12-15-47.jpgScreenshot_2017-03-14-12-15-50.jpg

WingsBuddy

Mar 15, 2017
Visit site
For me it was the Peel Smart Remote app. I had exactly the same problem and after uninstalling its updates and disabling it, the extra lock screen is no more. One of the reviews on Play Store said altering its permissions can stop it happening too if you don't want to uninstall it completely.

indysteve9

May 8, 2011
Visit site
Disabled Peel Remote on my phone and that did the trick. Thanks! I hate when developers just add crap in an update without telling you.

Escalade714

May 11, 2010
Visit site
For me it was the Peel Smart Remote app. I had exactly the same problem and after uninstalling its updates and disabling it, the extra lock screen is no more. One of the reviews on Play Store said altering its permissions can stop it happening too if you don't want to uninstall it completely.

Thank you. I couldn't figure out what this was to save my life. I don't need two lock screens in my life and this was a pain in my *** because i didn't know where it was coming from.

bl_ondi

Mar 28, 2017
Visit site
I'm also having this issue! Even if my phone is unlocked, the moment I plug it in to charge the damn slide to unlock screen appears!

Any news?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2