So my Galaxy Note 4 has been having problems lately, and has been randomly restarting even though it was working fine right before the restart. I didn't think too much of it, so I just continued normal usage until a couple of hours ago when it restarted into recover mode.

It was my first time using android recovery mode so to be safe, I just selected the reboot option, but the phone failed to reboot even after around 30 minutes. I took out the battery and tried to turn it on again, and it went straight back into recovery booting.

I tried to wipe cache partition, mount /system, power off (and back on again, but that just led back to recovery mode), and reboot to bootloader, but it just gives me a black screen without actually rebooting.

Is there anything I can do to save my phone? I have a ton of important data that isn't backed up in it, so I really don't want to factory reset unless really necessary (I don't even know if that will fix the problem anyways).
    03-18-2017 01:01 PM
    I have a note edge (very similar to note 4) and once I was having a bootloop issue with it. Getting to the maintenance boot menu helped me out.

-With the phone off, press and hold the volume down and power keys

-Continue holding after the first vibration until you feel a second vibration.

-You should be in maintenance boot mode.

when I was having my bootloop issue, I selected USB Debugging Mode and my phone booted normally. Hopefully one of these options helps your phone to boot up so you can make a backup of all your files.
    Robert Tarver likes this.
    03-18-2017 03:39 PM