Unusual Issue on my At&T Note 4

nanapull3

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Am having an issue on my note 4. Started after last security update. Unlock the screen and the Play store opens with a random app. Last week it was Uber, never has been installed on my phone, ever. This week it is Zoosk. Never installed. Just unlock the screen and it appears as if I had opened the Play store app. Did a cache clear. Really hoping to avoid another factory reset. Any ideas? All help appreciated . Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It sounds more like some kind of adware that might have been installed alongside some other app. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until it goes away. Start with your most recently installed apps.

nanapull3

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Last week it was Uber. This week it is Zoosk. Without prompting and only when I unlock the screen. I thought that might be the case and I have uninstalled every thing but the basics. Hoping this helps. Thanks for your quick response. This is an awesome board!

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
One of two possibilities:

1. One of the apps you installed at some point installed another app that is delivering the ads. Uninstalling the original does not necessarily uninstall the adware that came along for the ride.

2. "The basics" includes some app that is still throwing ads. Some things that I once considered "the basics" went that route and I had to uninstall them (ES File Explorer used to be a must-have app for me, but they went the invasiveware route and I had to find another file manager that isn't half as good, but at least it doesn't bother me all the time).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca