So, a conundrum.

My Galaxy Note 4 is synched to the PC email. Email on the Note is version 5.0.0.0400. It has "inbox", "drafts", "outbox", "sent", and "trash" folders. There is no "spam" folder, and I do not see a way to add one.

Spam sent to the PC just routinely goes into the PC Spam folder.

When the Note synchs to the PC, spam mail is of course picked up and sent to the Note 4 email "inbox".

I have checked "help" for the appropriate clues on how to have it designated as spam and disposed of. Help says to long hold on the mail and then mark it as spam with the appropriate icon that appears at the bottom of the screen.

There is, however, no such icon on the phone.

Looking into "Settings" > "Manage Accounts"> I find "Spam addresses", which requires entering spammers addresses by hand for each of them by hitting a plus sign at screen top once the spammer's address is manually entered.

Which would, of course, be a real pain, assuming I even know a spammer's email address - I do not open email that is clearly spam, and cannot see the "properties" of spam mail on the Note. This method would require that I look at a spammer's address on the PC, and then type it laboriously into the phone screen and mark it as spam.

Seems sort of inconvenient for a computerized system.

Once again, I suspect that I am missing something obvious - is there no handier way to designate mail as spam on the phone?

Thankjs for any and all help or suggestion.
    04-30-2017 08:42 AM
    If you're using Hotmail, they hide the spam folder now. Tap see all folders will get you spam box...
    04-30-2017 09:46 PM
    Thanks, Tim; but no, I'm not using Hotmail - just the plain email app that the Verizon Note 4 came loaded with.

"See all folders"only has the five folders I listed above.
    05-01-2017 05:53 AM
    Well. Discouraging news.

Further investigation shows that:

- Spam email addresses/domains must be entered by hand as detailed above, either within the phone itself or on Verizon's site on one's device page.

- There is a limit of 15 addresses one may define as spam thereby.

This completely sucks. Verizon has removed the user's ability to designate mail as spam in a dynamic fashion through marking it as such at the time it arrives in your inbox.

Why would they do this?
    05-01-2017 07:25 AM
    Interesting experience while seeking a place - any place - on Verizon's website through which to express dissatisfaction with this lack of features. Verizon Note series phones apparently once had dynamic, on the fly, spam designation, but removed it with the Note 4.

The various avenues listed under "support" of the Verizon site have no where to register dissatisfaction or provide feedback, and the interactive "chat" function just sets a blank 'conversation' screen up and spinning, and unanswered.

An interesting way to handle complaints: don't allow any.
    05-01-2017 08:02 AM
    Still slamming away at Verizon' stone wall...

Meanwhile, can someone kindly suggest another email app? One that might allow for dynamic marking of spam?
    05-01-2017 08:19 AM
    Still slamming away at Verizon' stone wall...

Meanwhile, can someone kindly suggest another email app? One that might allow for dynamic marking of spam?
    1. Make sure your Pc mail client supports IMAP
    2. Convert your pc client to IMAP if not already on IMAP
    3. Remove your present email account on the note 4
    4. Add the account to the note 4 BUT select manual setup
    5. Add as IMAP and not POP3.
    6. All your PC folders will be available and synchronised with the PC even in the std samsung mail client.
    7.TypeApp is my present mail client after using Maildroid for many years (both also support IMAP)
    05-02-2017 12:13 AM
    Thank you, Bos.

Client can do IMAP & had been so until two weeks ago, but that was - maybe - giving the ISP's mail server heartburn and causing outgoing mail to stick. Looking around with ISP 2nd-level 'support' at that time, they suggested reverting to POP3 and outbound mail was suddenly unstuck. Voodooo factor - no explanations. Not bad enough that I don't have much grasp of these things; neither do they.

Got back on with them yesterday re:mail options settings on their end: now "spam' previously designated will"not be passed on" to me. So far, so good - where there had been a flood, now nothing. Fingers crossed.
    05-02-2017 07:47 AM
    Sorry to hear you left us :-( Any reason? Just be aware that TypeApp (unlike MailDroid) has their own servers and connects your mail through those servers (as it 'seems' to be from their terms of service).
    05-05-2017 02:23 PM
    Sorry to hear you left us :-( Any reason? Just be aware that TypeApp (unlike MailDroid) has their own servers and connects your mail through those servers (as it 'seems' to be from their terms of service).
    Sent you a pm
    05-06-2017 12:52 AM
    Thanks, reply sent.
    Bosbouer likes this.
    05-10-2017 08:25 AM