How to make low battery warning go away?

A

AC Question

When my Note 4 drops bellow 25% a window pops up that has suggestions for me to increase the battery life, such as turning off bluetooth and dimming the screen. Once this window pops up it will not go away. There is no close button. My home button stops working. I've tried doing all the suggestions. I can still use the apps behind the warning I just can't get the warning to go away. The problem started when I updated to 6.0.1 How can I get it to go away and never come back.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Letting lithium battery go lower that that will kill the battery in a short time...
In any case, you should be able to block notification from the device manager if you go to the settings and find it, probably in the system apps....

BakaGoyim

May 15, 2017
Visit site
Letting lithium battery go lower that that will kill the battery in a short time...
In any case, you should be able to block notification from the device manager if you go to the settings and find it, probably in the system apps....

No offense, but that's no help here. Just general knowledge, really.

I have the same bug on my Galaxy s6, just got it from the latest update in the last 2 or 3 days. This notification view is the full width of the screen and about half the length, placed right in the middle. There is no way to dismiss it or get rid of it except to:

1. Force power down if your device has a way to do this without using the screen.
2. Wait for your device to die.
3. Plug it in. This made it go away immediately, but isn't helpful if you're out and about without a charger.

It stays on the screen no matter what you do, even if you lock your phone.

I'm not sure if 1. really matters either, as I assume it'll just pop up again when you turn the phone back on with <25% battery. If anyone knows of a way of disabling this (I found no "device manager" in the notifications settings), or a better way of dealing with it, let me know!

Thanks.

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
If you find the battery app on your settings, you should have the three dots in top right corner. Tapping those should give you advanced settings. There you should have notifications....
No offence taken. I have no way of knowing your level of understanding of Android OS

Nomm

May 15, 2017
Visit site
Same here. Galaxy Note 4. But my android is in portuguese and this 25% batery notification was in english... It started 2 days ago when I was playing a tower defense game. Very strange... I use 6.0.1 for a long time. First time it appeared to me it doesn't show the "dismiss" button, but now it's showing.

realpants

May 15, 2017
Visit site
Hi

I too have a Galaxy S6 and it has also started to show this message in the last couple of days. I assume it is the native android system that is displaying the message but I can't be sure. Looking in the battery app, there is nothing to enable or disable the notifications. I wandered if it might be another application such as CleanMaster or Avast. I've turned off the low battery indicator for CleanMaster and I'll let the phone run down to 25% tonight and see if I still get the message.

I wanted to see if the phone would show me when each app was last updated so see if I could pinpoint the issue, but I don't see anywhere that it gives this information.

Any more sufferers out there?

Pants

PhatAzianMan

May 15, 2017
Visit site
When my Note 4 drops bellow 25% a window pops up that has suggestions for me to increase the battery life, such as turning off bluetooth and dimming the screen. Once this window pops up it will not go away. There is no close button. My home button stops working. I've tried doing all the suggestions. I can still use the apps behind the warning I just can't get the warning to go away. The problem started when I updated to 6.0.1 How can I get it to go away and never come back.

Yes. I've had this same issue since I've updated my Verizon s6 edge to Android 7.0 on April 28th.

I think there's an issue with the screen loading properly because I've had two versions of the always on top screen. The one you described. And a slightly larger one with a dismiss button on the bottom right corner. I think it isn't loading properly. And the dismiss button rarely comes up. It's like a 10-20:1 chance the battery optimization screen properly loads.

Anyways, long story short. I've found a TEMPORARY work around this issue. Plug your phone in your charger and the screen will go away and the phone will resume normal operation.

Took me a handful of battery drains to figure this out. It's frustrating and not a solution, but it works for now

SquidDudley

May 15, 2017
Visit site
I have had the same problem with my S6 Edge, the thing that works for me for some reason is just to take a screenshot. Seems to work every time but is still annoying.

Hope this work/helps for you guys

wdsman

May 15, 2017
Visit site

Since you can't GET to settings because the warning is blocking your whole screen, this isn't very helpful at the moment.

wdsman

May 15, 2017
Visit site
I have had the same problem with my S6 Edge, the thing that works for me for some reason is just to take a screenshot. Seems to work every time but is still annoying.

Hope this work/helps for you guys

Didn't work on my Galaxy. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

ATrain1_2

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Yes. I've had this same issue since I've updated my Verizon s6 edge to Android 7.0 on April 28th.

I think there's an issue with the screen loading properly because I've had two versions of the always on top screen. The one you described. And a slightly larger one with a dismiss button on the bottom right corner. I think it isn't loading properly. And the dismiss button rarely comes up. It's like a 10-20:1 chance the battery optimization screen properly loads.

Anyways, long story short. I've found a TEMPORARY work around this issue. Plug your phone in your charger and the screen will go away and the phone will resume normal operation.

Took me a handful of battery drains to figure this out. It's frustrating and not a solution, but it works for now

What I have noticed on my S6 is if I have the phone in landscape mode, the box doesn't load properly and there's no close button. But if you are in regular mode then it comes with a close button. Going to try to turn it off now because it's just annoying. Everytime it comes up all I do is close it anyway.

Joseph Cipollina

May 15, 2017
Visit site
It is the Peel Smart Application that Android pre-installed. I have just confirmed it twice. We can't uninstall without rooting, but we can disable or roll back the version. I like to use my IR for some TV's so I rolled it back. Be sure to not update it in either case.

ATrain1_2

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
It is the Peel Smart Application that Android pre-installed. I have just confirmed it twice. We can't uninstall without rooting, but we can disable or roll back the version. I like to use my IR for some TV's so I rolled it back. Be sure to not update it in either case.

If that is the reason, there's a setting in the notifications for the app for power saving. Let's hope that's all it takes is to uncheck that setting. If it does, thank you SOOOOOOO MUCH in advance!!!!!!!!

Joseph Cipollina

May 15, 2017
Visit site
If that is the reason, there's a setting in the notifications for the app for power saving. Let's hope that's all it takes is to uncheck that setting. If it does, thank you SOOOOOOO MUCH in advance!!!!!!!!

If you mean the setting in App Manager, no I had that off a while ago and still do. They may not look at the pop-up as part of the notifications. They may see the notifications specific to the notification panel. I disagree with this because they then bypass the application manager settings. Also all in Peel Remote settings the notifications have a timeout... I really think there is some scam with this app. Who has a timeout for muting notifications?

Nomm

May 15, 2017
Visit site
Same here. Galaxy Note 4. But my android is in portuguese and this 25% batery notification was in english... It started 2 days ago when I was playing a tower defense game. Very strange... I use 6.0.1 for a long time. First time it appeared to me it doesn't show the "dismiss" button, but now it's showing.

Dimitrios67

May 15, 2017
Visit site
Guys, it is definitely the Peel Remote application which "produces" various other annoying messages alongside with this one. I disabled it, deleted the updates and kept the factory settings. For the time being, everything works fine now

alarinn

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
If you find the battery app on your settings, you should have the three dots in top right corner. Tapping those should give you advanced settings. There you should have notifications....
No offence taken. I have no way of knowing your level of understanding of Android OS

Well, you yourself provided no beneficial help there since under Advanced Settings under Battery is Notification settings and that dialog has the selections for 50%, 40%, or 30% (% for when to display that God-awful modal). There is no option to disable it, which happened to me for the 1st time today on my S6. The prior notifications were more than enough (15% and 5%). Not being able to disable this new notification is extremely annoying and as a software developer myself, was shoddy design. Whoever approved for a perma-modal to cover almost the entire screen where you can't close it or do anything other than a hard restart or plug it back in, should rethink being a project lead. Didn't QA even test this change? If anything, this could lead to lawsuits if this occurred in an emergency and the user couldn't even dial *911. BTW, I did try that and wasn't able to make an emergency call. If my life depended on my phone with a 25% battery life, I would be a dead man.

alarinn

Jan 10, 2015
Visit site
Guys, it is definitely the Peel Remote application which "produces" various other annoying messages alongside with this one. I disabled it, deleted the updates and kept the factory settings. For the time being, everything works fine now

Thanks for that info. I just did the same and will see what happens when I hit 25% again.

Nomm

May 15, 2017
Visit site

Thanks! It was Peel Remote.