Note4 did factory reset by itself!

miserkris

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
My Note 4 reset by itself and I had to re-download everything. This is the second time it has happened to me. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Any reasons why the phone would reset itself? I wasn't doing anything on the phone.

All updates are up to date, in auto update mode.

Thanks

miserkris

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The Android system should prevent overloading of RAM. And I'm not aware that overloading of RAM is even possible (nor that it would lead to a complete factory reset).

As long as you have your settings backed up to your Google account (check your Settings>Backup & Reset menu), they should be restored after you reinstall the firmware and log back in with your Google account.

miserkris

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
The Android system should prevent overloading of RAM. And I'm not aware that overloading of RAM is even possible (nor that it would lead to a complete factory reset).

As long as you have your settings backed up to your Google account (check your Settings>Backup & Reset menu), they should be restored after you reinstall the firmware and log back in with your Google account.

OK thx. ..
I know WiFi settings can be backed up to Google act. ..

But bluetooth I have to do them all again .

This was my setting before the crash. ..and now too.

Maybe bluetooth can't be backed up since it's a pairing thing
975764ba45cfea0484364993979de857.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Those settings look correct. And you're probably right -- the fact that it's an external device you're pairing may be why those settings don't get saved.