double lock screen sorted

PhonkZilla

Jun 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi I came here via another 'closed' discussion about the'double lock screen' after marshmallow update.
Concluding that it couldn't be changed.

I found that to be incorrect. On my note 4.
On the uber annoying new lock screen there's a setting icon

Press and disable the extra lock screen that supposedly enables you to charge the phone more quickly.
But all it does is present you with unwanted adds.

The arrogance of Samsung seems to know no end.
The company over time gives you less than you bought and tells you to be happy with less functionality and more unwanted bloat Bs

I hope this helps someone still looking for a quick fix to this.

Mtfbwy'

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome. :)

Would you like me to move this to the Note 4 forum, or do you want it to remain in Introductions?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hello and welcome to the forums at Android Central!

I been using Samsung phones since the GS4 and don't have an idea about that double lock.

Maybe a setting issue?

Anyway, I've never got any ads on my Samsung phones, so not sure where yours are coming from, but I'm glad you sorted out and shared it. That way if other people have the same issue they'll know what to do.

Sent From the Edge of the Seventh Galaxy

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I been using Samsung phones since the GS4 and don't have an idea about that double lock.
Maybe a setting issue?

Several included apps have recently changed their behavior to include "second lock screen" ads. Peel Remote (force-installed app to use the IR Blaster) and now Uber are good examples.

While it's not a force install, ES File Explorer introduced the same ad vector a while back.

I hope those lock screens can't stack - I cannot imagine having to swipe away 4-5 lock screens to get into your phone! LOL

Debiec68

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Several included apps have recently changed their behavior to include "second lock screen" ads. Peel Remote (force-installed app to use the IR Blaster) and now Uber are good examples.

While it's not a force install, ES File Explorer introduced the same ad vector a while back.

I hope those lock screens can't stack - I cannot imagine having to swipe away 4-5 lock screens to get into your phone! LOL

Well, IMAGINE 4-5 swipe screens, then enter in pin or pattern, then another 1-2 swipes before FINALLY seeing your main screens wallpaper. I dont have to imagine it. It's my reality. I'm trying to imagine my phone, that I paid for, actually belonging to me. Under my control. Rather than being the "Other Owner" much like the "Other Woman". Most apps don't have a setting to disable the swipe screens. If they do, then I haven't found out how. And can't "factory reset" due to the risk of being completely locked out and rendering my android useless. Which happened to my Samsung j3 that's still under warranty but can't get it reset by Samsung without the receipt. So bought an LG tribute HD.
Ho hum. Ain't life grand!?

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm trying to imagine my phone, that I paid for, actually belonging to me. Under my control. [...] Most apps don't have a setting to disable the swipe screens. If they do, then I haven't found out how. And can't "factory reset" due to the risk of being completely locked out and rendering my android useless.

I know Peel and ES File Explorer both had options to turn off lock screens or other such nonsense, but the instant I manage to trace that sort of behavior back to a specific application, I uninstall the application immediately.

Or in the case of Peel, since it was pre-installed by Samsung, disable it.

I can usually find another application that provides similar functionality and does not include lockscreen shenanigans, even if sometimes I have to pay for it - which I am happy to do (especially because I usually have enough Google Opinion Rewards money on account to do so when needed).

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary