Battery advice constantly

A

AC Question

If I have less than ~40-35% battery life I get a little pop-up at the top of my screen every few percent telling me I should disable wifi, and dim my screen by 10% to conserve battery.

I have gone through all the settings for battery saver, and just the battery option in the settings area but cannot find a way to stop this from being so obnoxious.

Until recently it would only really warn me once it hit 25%, 15% and if I let it get to 5%. Now it feels like its every 20-30 minutes.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
was it oem, aftermarket? ive seen some fake oem batteries come across the forums as well as crappy aftermarket.
Anker is a good quality one as well as Hyperion.

Shinkirou

Jun 19, 2017
Visit site
I doubt it is the battery as it was functioning fine until recently, I ordered it from walmart if that means anything, though I do not know the brand off the top of my head.

John Speros

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
I got this too. The Note 4 Reddit forum said, "It's peel remote! One of the last updates brought on this 'feature'."
In Peel's settings on your phone, go to the Notifications section and uncheck the "Battery Saver Alerts" box.

Shinkirou

Jun 19, 2017
Visit site
I actually removed that today I believe (I think it is a default app?) because it was spamming me with notifications. Once my battery gets to about 35 I'll let you know if this has solved the problem. Thanks :3

Shinkirou

Jun 19, 2017
Visit site
Alrighty, Didn't get a low battery notification until 15%, which is one less than normal but in my opinion perfectly acceptable if it means not getting spammed in the middle of a video, or when I am reading.