My Note 4 is turning off at 40% and won't turn on until charging it

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Welcome!

Yeah, 99% confident that is a dying battery and a new one will help you.

Anker and EnergyPal are two battery brands I have tried in my Note 4 and they both work really well. The problem with Samsung OEM batteries is that I'm not sure if Samsung is building them any more, and there are a LOT of fake "OEM" batteries out there that are not worth your money. I strongly advise buying from a trusted seller that has a return policy.

The EnergyPal one is still fairly new and the jury is out on real battery life (so far it seems on par with a slightly degraded Anker but it hasn't been through three full cycles yet), but for $12 it seems to be a good battery.

Jazzoh

Jun 27, 2017
Visit site
Hey, i had THAT problem on my note 4. Find a quality battery calibrator and use it. One that repairs the damaged or affected cells. It helps. I'd tell you which i used but i forgot. But it does help.

coxley24

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Mine does the exact same thing. I have tried different batteries and the same result. I'm at a loss and have no clue how to fix it. I've reset my phone back to factory settings as well. HELP!!

Van1960

Jul 8, 2017
Visit site
I've had a note 4 for 15 months. I had the same problem. I purchased a new battery for $49 at Battery Joes. It is the Samsung manufactured battery that is the same as original battery. I'm at 27% and been going all day with no problem. The old battery was getting warm and the new one does not. It hurt my pocket book, but it's worth it. Be careful with all the fake batteries out there. Good luck!

kwon joon

Jul 1, 2017
Visit site
I have the same problem, sometimes as high as 50% remaining. Tried different quality batteries, but the same result.
It normally happens when I do something battery-intensive such as taking photos (especially with flash) and videos.
During a normal use, it rarely happens and the phone stays on even at 10%

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Welcome!

Yeah, 99% confident that is a dying battery and a new one will help you.

Anker and EnergyPal are two battery brands I have tried in my Note 4 and they both work really well. The problem with Samsung OEM batteries is that I'm not sure if Samsung is building them any more, and there are a LOT of fake "OEM" batteries out there that are not worth your money. I strongly advise buying from a trusted seller that has a return policy.

The EnergyPal one is still fairly new and the jury is out on real battery life (so far it seems on par with a slightly degraded Anker but it hasn't been through three full cycles yet), but for $12 it seems to be a good battery.

Just ordered a Samsung Note 4 battery from Amazon for about $17 w/shipping. Not a Prime member.