Anyone else still planning on keeping their Note 4 awhile longer?

ChetManley762

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
Out of curiosity, how many out there still plan on using their Note 4 as their main phone for the foreseeable future?

My GN4 is still going strong, minor lag here or there, but other than that I have no complaints. There's no noticable screen burn-in. I've recently purchased several Anker batteries for it so I'm good on that front for another year at least. On Verizon I'm still getting monthly security updates. I just haven't seen any phones that are dramatically better that are worth dropping $500+ dollars on.

The camera, while ok, is probably the only reason I would consider upgrading to something new. Since I just purchased a Panasonic GX85 mirror less DSLR as my main camera, that is no longer an issue.

Overall, I still love this phone, meets all my needs. I'd love to hear anyone's thoughts.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I still have mine but I only use it as a remote for my TV. I also still have a Note Edge. I haven't used that in about a month, it's also used as a remote only.

kwon joon

Jul 1, 2017
Visit site
Just replaced with S8 only because it was free with a 2 year term with the same plan I have been having.
N4 is still strong. It lags here and there and fast charging no longer works. The camera and picture quality are a bit dated. Beside those, it is more than decent.
That 1440p AMOLED screen. Just fantastic even after almost 3 years. Even now, not many makers to 1440p AMOLED dispay.
It was probably the last samsung's flagship phone with removable battery. I will miss this.

ChetManley762

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I will definitely miss the removable battery as well. It'll probably be cheap phones from here on out for me. No way I'm paying $700+ dollars for a phone with a sealed battery.

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
I will, but only because I'm poor. The screen has terrible burn in and is slower than molasses. Oh, and batteries are getting eaten up faster than a fat person eating at a buffet.

ChetManley762

Nov 13, 2015
Visit site
I will, but only because I'm poor. The screen has terrible burn in and is slower than molasses. Oh, and batteries are getting eaten up faster than a fat person eating at a buffet.

Have you done a factory reset lately? I factory reset after every major OS update and usually every six months in my note runs pretty smooth. Unfortunately burn-in you can't do much about...

TechNut79

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Have you done a factory reset lately? I factory reset after every major OS update and usually every six months in my note runs pretty smooth. Unfortunately burn-in you can't do much about...

The last factory reset I did was back in October of last year. I probably should do another, but I just despise having to set up my phone again. Maybe this weekend I'll give it a go and see what happens.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I still have one I'll probably keep as long as it works, it's not currently active. My primary line is an S7, I wanted a more compact water resistant phone last summer for festivals and camping.

cccc2004

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Works great keeping it for a while. I am using OS 4.4.4 and won't upgrade until I'm forced to. No problems and I can keep a extra battery in my pocket.

Doug Moffat

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Needed a replacement for a week or so. Chose my Note 4 over my Note 5. New battery and a factory reset make for an efficient phone.

paradox60660

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I would love a new phone but I have a hard time with the thought of a sealed battery. I am sure everyone has some old electronic device with an embedded battery. I bet that device is dead or holds a charge for a few minutes. Imagine your new $1000.00 phone with a useless battery in a few years. My note 4 has had several batteries and functions like new with each replacement I bought. I do not mind throwing away a rechargeable flashlight when it fails to hold a decent charge. But an expensive phone?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I would love a new phone but I have a hard time with the thought of a sealed battery. I am sure everyone has some old electronic device with an embedded battery. I bet that device is dead or holds a charge for a few minutes. Imagine your new $1000.00 phone with a useless battery in a few years. My note 4 has had several batteries and functions like new with each replacement I bought. I do not mind throwing away a rechargeable flashlight when it fails to hold a decent charge. But an expensive phone?

I've never had a problem with any device that has a sealed battery. My oldest phone that I own is a iPhone 3GS that still works and holds a charge as it I just bought it today.

I've never had a phone with a built in battery shut down at 15% like I did with phones with removable batteries.

I still have:

iPhone 3GS
iPhone 6+
iPhone 6s+
iPhone 6S
iPhone 5S
iPhone SE

Note 5
3 S7 Edge phones

All of them have amazing battery life. I think you are making a big deal out of nothing.