So back in December my note 4 suddenly stopped working (was playing a game, battery was around 60% when it shut itself down) I tried plugging it to the charger but the led light didn't even light up, I tried several different chargers and I even got another battery to try but nothing worked, I noticed that when I plug it to any power source (charger/laptop) it heats up (not too hot though) even when I took out the battery and left it plugged in it maintained its heat, so I don't think it's the battery's fault, does anybody have any idea of what could be the problem ? I asked someone working at a phone shop and he said the power ic might need to be replaced but I don't know I feel like it could be the usb plug or something else, it's been almost 8 months and I already got another phone but I really want to fix this one any help appreciated!
    08-05-2017 09:11 PM
    First stop would be to ask Samsung. At the beginning I was assuming the cable that connects the battery to the main board, which might be what they meant as well or it could have been the display, but if you have no sounds or anything like that the display is unlikely.
    08-05-2017 09:34 PM
    My warranty has expired last June unfortunately not to mention their local repair center is really far from where I live, I saw a video of someone who seemed to have the same problem I have and they replaced the charging/usb port and it fixed their problem I'm tempted to try and do that but I thought I could use a second opinion especially after the whole "heating up without a battery" thing
    08-06-2017 01:22 AM
    Yeah luckily there are a lot of people in the forums that either still have or had a note 4 so hopefully we can get somebody with a little bit more direct knowledge than me to help you out
    08-06-2017 01:27 AM