Change Audible Twitter Notification

MrMELTDOWN

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
I want to change my Twitter notification sound. I've done it before but now I can't find where to do it. All instructions say to click on extended menu (3 dots) from inside the app and go to notifications, push notifications. I can't find an extended menu. What am I missing? I've done it before.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't use the app but it looks like some of the settings, including notifications, have moved to a menu you trigger by tapping on your profile photo in some versions of the app. Hope that helps.

MrMELTDOWN

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
If done that and looked everywhere.I even Google it and the menu they refer to isn't there. I think the option has disappeared,maybe with an update or something.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, not sure. This ended up in the Note 4 page, which I think will limit your audience severely. I doubt your issue is limited to Twitter on the Note 4 specifically, though.

Perhaps try asking here? https://forums.androidcentral.com/android-apps/ - it's a more generic app support thread and you might have a larger group of people noticing.

jimnyo

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Hmm, not sure. This ended up in the Note 4 page, which I think will limit your audience severely. I doubt your issue is limited to Twitter on the Note 4 specifically, though.

Perhaps try asking here? https://forums.androidcentral.com/android-apps/ - it's a more generic app support thread and you might have a larger group of people noticing.

OMIGOSH, I FOUND IT!!! This was driving me bonkers on my Samsung S7. OK, so, go to your phone settings. Select "Apps". Scroll down to Twitter, select "Notifications" (under App settings section). Hit the little "i" Info icon to the right of the title "Twitter". Then select "Notifications", scroll down to "Push Notifications", scroll down to Ringtone, tap to select where to pull your ringtone file from, and pick your ringtone!

I realize that was a very roundabout way of getting there. But it was more intuitive initially, as I was poking around in my settings and I overlooked it in the app...You can also open the Twitter app, hit your profile pic, select "Settings and Privacy", "Notifications", scroll down to "Push Notifications", and follow the remaining steps above.