Does anyone else on any Note 4 model have the September security update (the one that contains the fix for BlueBorne)? On my AT&T Note 4, I usually get security updates within a day or two of the following month (sometimes in the very same month, though that is unusual).

Since there is now a fairly major and well-publicized vulnerability, I honestly would have expected the September patch to be the month that Samsung and AT&T exceeded expectations to get that security hole filled in.
    10-10-2017 01:09 PM
    They were about six weeks behind on the August patch, so I'd estimate it at a week or two away still, if at all. The Note 4's 3 years ends next week, so hard to tell if there will be any more updates after August.
    10-10-2017 01:31 PM
    Huh, I was thinking August was "on time" (early September) but I was having a brief extracellular affair with a S7 Edge at the time so I may be mistaken on the timing. LOL.

That would be a huge shame if they stopped updates with BlueBorne still open. But, yeah, we are at three years. It would be deeply unfortunate timing, but then again AT&T and Sammy don't really have a reason to care too much any more.
    10-10-2017 02:04 PM
    I'm hoping they release the September and October patches for the Note 4. That'd set a good precedent for what they mean by 3 years.
    10-10-2017 02:14 PM
    I'm in Florida and just received an update. Not really sure what the update was about? I had previously updated with the August security patch. How would I know if this particular patch that you guys are talking about was put through today?
    10-11-2017 09:14 PM
    I'm in Florida and just received an update. Not really sure what the update was about? I had previously updated with the August security patch. How would I know if this particular patch that you guys are talking about was put through today?
    Under "About Phone", look at the patch level. BlueBorne was patched in the September 2017 patch level.

You can also run the "BlueBorne Scanner" by Armis: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...borne_detector
    10-12-2017 07:43 AM
    Also, out of curiosity, what carrier are you with?
    10-12-2017 07:45 AM