I have Note 4 that I still use. Finally after 3 years I've done a factory data reset and it feels speedier with less apps and stuff cleared out.
    Also a S4 that is just used without cell service for reading in bed.
    And a Tab S2.

I have a need for one more charger to keep at work as my Note 4 is sometimes getting too low at the end of the work day. I've tried other non Samsung chargers and cables and they either don't work or charge very slowly. I know some of the little 1"x1"x1" cubes that plug into the wall don't deliver enough amperage to quickly charge the phone and do so at a very slow rate like 5-10% and hour, not the 1% per minute that the Samsung 2Amp chargers do. But I've got a few that claim decent amperage that don't work as well as they should.

Also I've noticed that some mini usb cables work and some don't. Why is that?

I do have an extra battery and the white charging case that I try to keep charged but I don't keep it fully charged at all times (I forget how fast it loses a charge, 1% a day?) and I don't usually have it with me. it usually sits on the desk at home to be used if I've forgotten to charge the phone overnight or get home with a drained battery.

What is the best charger to buy for a work charger where I want to charge the phone quickly before leaving for home?
    10-19-2017 10:49 AM
    In theory, a charger is a charger is a charger, but each of course is rated to a different amperage (and, in the case of QuickCharge 2.0, which is the standard the Note 4 uses, voltages). The "little bricks" are usually (not always) 5V @ 1A chargers at best, sometimes less than that. So, yeah, they'll charge your Note 4 pretty slowly.

Cables are an entirely different deal, and are built to different qualities using different gauges of wire, and especially QuickCharge is VERY fussy about cables because QC is putting more wattage through the wire than the USB spec allows for, so even a "USB Certified" cable is not necessarily rated for what QC is trying to do.

I have had excellent luck with the following chargers, both by Aukey (note: I have to swap out from my collection of CABLES sometimes to find the right ones - and the ones I have had the best luck with overall are, surprise surprise, the white OEM charging cables that came with my various Samsung devices that support QuickCharge).

CAR / 12VDC: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LJT2EPK/

HOME / AC: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00QEX83LA/

Usually the Samsung chargers do 5V and 9V, but don't support the 12V capability of QuickCharge 2.0. Your phone does, though. Both of the chargers above do, too. The difference is noticeable.
    huntnyc likes this.
    10-23-2017 09:23 AM
    Thanks. I am going to take your recommendation on the Aukey Home/AC and also buy a 2A cable and see what happens.
    10-27-2017 10:07 AM