I rooted my Note 4 with CF and SuperSU but had problems and so unrooted back again.

My phone is still acting weird and so I thought it best to flash stock firmware but that's where I'm stuck... or rather stuck to know which firmware.

The firmware showing on my phone (using phone info) shows a version that connects to a different network (EE) than I got my phone through (o2). I was wondering if the phone rooting changed the firmware version and didn't return it to quite the same original or if for some reason the firmware version being reported is correct. (I wish I'd made note of it before starting this process).

Somebody suggested looking at bootloader but don't have a clue how to do that on Samsung phone.

Thanks for any advice
    10-26-2017 06:35 AM
    One of two things happened:

"Rooting" a phone is gaining root (*nix jargon for "Administrator") access to it. That gives you the capability of overwriting pretty much anything anywhere, so it is possible you ran some application at some point that updated the version numbers or something, though this is somewhat unlikely. If this is the case, then simply using the phone's built in recovery tools should allow you to re-image the phone with stock firmware.

I think it is more likely that you flashed new firmware on your phone, and the firmware you picked was built based on a different carrier's build of the stock firmware.

Either way, your best bet is to visit a group that is a little more experienced in phone modding. A good number of people on XDA do this sort of thing all the time: https://forum.xda-developers.com/note-4

Your carrier may also have the stock firmware images available for download and no matter what the cause, you should have a bootloader on your phone capable of loading a stock firmware image (power down, long press POWER - HOME - VOLUME UP, and you'll get into "recovery" - it may be as simple as having the stock firmware image on a SD card in the phone and flashing from that using the recovery tool)
    10-26-2017 11:13 AM
    Flashing Samsung firmware is as simple as [Samsung] How to flash Stock ROM via ODIN.
    10-26-2017 11:35 AM