Hi forum! Recently i realized my phone battery was fat and the screen popped out. I think that the battery is the reason that this happened. So I went to service as it was the last week of warranty and they closed the screen. I bought a new battery next and then, the screen start flickering and has strips like the old movies.. 2 days later the screen went white and now its black. In addition, the fingerprint scanner stopped working just right before went white. Now the warranty is gone so I try to think what is the problem. If you know what is the problem (a sensor, hardware etc.) will really help me. If it's something cheap, I will fix it but if it's a screen is not worth it. Thanks for any help and sorry for my English.
    11-03-2017 04:47 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'd contact Samsung and see if the warranty is still valid, considering that it seems directly related to the warranty issue that was initiated prior to expiration of coverage.
    11-03-2017 09:01 PM
    Thanks for your fast reply! Well I did, and it seems that the s-pen film is oxidized. It's about 3 by 3 milimeters oxide, and maybe it's from sweat in pocket or something similar. So it has no coverage, as it's not my fault and the screen costs 241 euros. Well that's a lot for note 4 nowadays. But still do not know the real issue. The screen is faulty or not, because in test mode, in sensors, the screen was green and maybe it's the proximity? I do not really know how the sensors, and generally the hardware works so I cannot tell what is the problem. Thank you
    11-04-2017 02:04 PM
    Possibly a loose connection inside the device from being pushed apart.
    11-04-2017 02:26 PM
    Well I opened the device and checked all the connections. Nothing loose and I pushed them a bit. After turned on the phone for a second the screen went green and black again. So I can tell that the screen is working. I saw on internet about a backlight sensor or something, it can be the issue? But I do not even know how it looks like. Thank you
    11-07-2017 10:16 AM