I've been having some issues with my Note 4
    (Fully updated, provider is T-Mobile if that helps.)

Just a week ago, I noticed popups on my phone. After clearing user data and fixing things up the advertisements stopped. Now less than several hours ago my phone shut down and refused to turn back on until connected to a charger. It needs to be plugged in to work.
    It shuts down, then vibrates and keeps trying to turn on only to do the same thing over and over again. (Getting stuck on the black screen that says samsung)

I tried to factory reset it, deleted everything, went into boot and cleared cache
    Pulled out the battery, everything checks out with it aside from being hot.
    Waited for phone to cool and booted back up. I just got another ad and the phone still refuses to stay active off charger.

Is this phone just a bust or can it be helped? Any advice is appreciated.
    11-05-2017 11:08 PM
    u get ad without launching any apps? like while in ur home screen? if yes probably virus or some random sh*t so try flashing u phone
    11-06-2017 01:04 AM
    Have a look at this thread about issues on my other half's Note 4. She didn't have adware issues, but it used to reboot, shutdown and stay off for a while:
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...ce-issues.html

It seems to be related to a recent update and quite a few Note 4 users are affected.

If it's similar to your issues, try installing the WakeLock app and setting it to PartialLock as it may help.
    11-06-2017 07:40 AM
    I'd start with replacing the battery. Heating up, refusing to run without being plugged in, these are classic signs of a failed cell in a battery and the rest of the cells are overworking and unable to maintain the necessary voltage to run the phone. Order an Anker replacement battery off Amazon, they aren't expensive.

Also, several of the built-in apps turned out to be adware carriers, sadly. "Peel Remote" was one well-known one that added an extra lockscreen. As soon as I disabled that things were fine for me, ad-wise.
    11-08-2017 08:06 AM
    I've been having some issues with my Note 4
    (Fully updated, provider is T-Mobile if that helps.)

Just a week ago, I noticed popups on my phone. After clearing user data and fixing things up the advertisements stopped. Now less than several hours ago my phone shut down and refused to turn back on until connected to a charger. It needs to be plugged in to work.
    It shuts down, then vibrates and keeps trying to turn on only to do the same thing over and over again. (Getting stuck on the black screen that says samsung)

I tried to factory reset it, deleted everything, went into boot and cleared cache
    Pulled out the battery, everything checks out with it aside from being hot.
    Waited for phone to cool and booted back up. I just got another ad and the phone still refuses to stay active off charger.

Is this phone just a bust or can it be helped? Any advice is appreciated.
    Ah, another one of 1000000 cases of Note 4 dying after an update. Did it happen exactly after you update it? Do you have a timeline when you updated it and when it had problems? After researching, the MMC chip gets worn out and then the latest software update just completely kills it eventually (probably because of the new doze mode causing problems).
    11-18-2017 10:03 PM