Samsung Note 4 - decryption issues, now firmware not working, now will not boot!

amidroid

Dec 29, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I restarted my note 4 because it hanged while I was encrypting the mobile. It stood at 0% for a couple of days so I knew something was up. When I restarted, it kept looping on Decrypting something issues.

I used Volume +, Power and Home to get to the boot screen where I have choices like "Apply update from SD card" and I wiped data/factory reset and wiped the cache partition and now when I restart, it just hangs on the SAMSUNG text on the screen. I presume there is no firmware or system in there anymore to load properly.

How can I get this back up and running?

I have a few questions if someone can help me. I am downloading the firmware at Sammobile but need to know what my options are.
- If I have unlocked my phone previously before this issue, does that mean I can use the Australian firmware N910GDTS1DQF2 version that does not have a carrier in brackets with it like Australia(Vodafone)? So I presume this non carrier firmware would not have any of the bloated carrier apps like the Vodafone version?
- Should I install the Vodafone version only? When an issue like this occur, does the phone go back to being locked to Vodafone?
- To update from SD, do I just copy the firmware file from Sammobile to an SD card and then install onto the mob and then choose the "Apply update from SD card" when I boot up? Or do I need to use Odin application?

Thank you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance