Bought a refurb N4. I know the battery won't be great, and it has been quite good but the charging of it can be sketchy at best. Usually it's quite normal and charges fast from 30% to 50% (hasn't been run down to 0% yet) and charges at an average speed from 50% to 100%. But today it charged really quickly to the point where it was from 33% to 97% in around 30 minuets. However, even though it said 100%, it didn't show the green light, and didn't say fully charged, so I left it charging until the green light showed and it stopped charging, as well as clearing the cache. The battery isn't swollen. The battery life is okay by my standards. I get through a day usually left around 28-30%. Is this normal and have I done the right thing?
    02-07-2018 03:44 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try recalibrating the battery sensor software by using the phone normally until it shuts off automatically from low battery. Then charge it back up overnight. Does the problem persist after this?
    02-07-2018 11:22 PM
    The charging really fast to 50% and then more slowly from 50% up to 100% is pretty normal for the charge cycle of the Note 4. It uses QuickCharge and starts dropping off charge rate as the battery gets more full to prevent excessive wear and tear on the battery.

The 33% to 97% fast charge followed by a long "finishing" charge is unusual. However, "stuff happens". If you see this behavior once, I wouldn't really sweat it. If it starts happening frequently, it may be a sign of a problem.

The nicest thing about the battery is that you can easily replace it in this phone. Amazon has lots of Anker replacement ready to ship if things start looking weird.
    02-21-2018 04:50 PM