For a while now (maybe a year?), when I click a Facebook notification in my Samsung Galaxy Note 4's swipe-down notification bar, it opens a new Facebook app window rather than opening in the app instance that's already running. I've grown accustomed to simply dismissing the notifications, then switching to the Facebook app and clicking the in-app notification instead. Does anyone else have this problem, and is anyone aware of a possible fix?

My carrier is AT&T. Phone is not rooted. I even reset it to factory defaults recently, and the Facebook issue remains.
    04-17-2018 08:17 AM
    Try uninstalling/re-installing the app. It was a FB app bug that never really goes away, but at least in the Oreo version it seems to have stopped doing that now.
    04-17-2018 11:24 AM
    Try uninstalling/re-installing the app. It was a FB app bug that never really goes away, but at least in the Oreo version it seems to have stopped doing that now.
    Thanks for the suggestion, but I can't uninstall Facebook. It's part of the stock build, and it can only be disabled, not uninstalled. There are also [hidden] applications on my Note 4 called Facebook App Installer and Facebook App Manager; they can only be disabled also.

I did wipe my phone (reset to factory defaults) a few weeks ago. That's the closest to "uninstalling" Facebook I could do. It also would have cleared any app cache or data that might have been mucking it up. No dice; Facebook continues to misbehave.

You mention Oreo. I'd need to root my phone in order to upgrade it to Oreo, which I'd rather not do. My previous rooting endeavors caused me to stop receiving OS updates from my carrier, and made me rely upon the rooted OS developer for updates.
    04-17-2018 12:21 PM
    You can also roll back to a previous version if I'm not mistaken, but that will update itself eventually. Have you signed up for the FB Beta app? That might also work
    04-17-2018 12:55 PM
    Have you signed up for the FB Beta app? That might also work
    I have not. Could be worth a try.
    04-17-2018 01:59 PM
    Do note, however, that the FB app is still buggy in some ways. For instance, after a while, summoning the app via the Recents menu will yield an error and not be able to open the FB app (especially when using MultiWindow). This, also, has been going on for quite a few versions now.
    04-17-2018 03:20 PM