Anyone else have this problem lately?

I haven't changed any settings.

If I select an image in the gallery and upload it manually it will be sent to photos, but automatic uploading just isn't happening.
    04-18-2018 04:33 PM
    What directory are the photos in? Are the photos taken by the Camera app (i.e., in /DCIM/Camera)? Or are they in a different directory?

Open the Google Photos app, swipe in from the left, and tap Device Folders. If the photos aren't in the Camera folder, you need to make sure Backup is turned on for the folder in question. You can tell if it's on or off by looking at the cloud icon associated with the folder.
    04-18-2018 05:13 PM
    Thanks for the reply.

Yes...they are in the camera folder and back up & sync are on. Pictures I took a couple of days ago when I was out of town and sporadically on wi-fi have not uploaded. Could quantity of photos have something to do with it?
    04-18-2018 05:35 PM
    Is Google Photos Backup set to work on mobile data, or only on wi-fi? If it's only wi-fi, then it depends on how fast the upload speeds on the wi-fi networks are. If you're connecting to various public wi-fi networks, those upload speeds will tend to be pretty slow, so if you have a ton of pics you took, they might not have had enough time to upload completely.
    04-18-2018 06:02 PM
    That doesn't explain why they won't upload in my house. (I'm set for wi-fi only transfer.) They will upload manually, but not automatically.
    04-18-2018 07:07 PM
    Strange. Go to Settings>Apps, select Google Photos, then Storage, then Clear Cache/Clear Data. Then open it again and wait a few seconds for the database to rebuild. See if it starts backing up properly now.

Also, are these photos being saved to Internal Storage or the SD card?
    04-18-2018 07:23 PM