Had it for about 3-4 years no problems, then yesterday it just froze and then I took out battery put it back in and it was stuck in boot, tried two batteries no luck. Then decided to to boot in recovery and factory reset...it then worked! Except now within 10 mins the phone will freeze, vibrate twice and then restart, same problem on both batteries. I didn't restore any apps so can't be a software issue. And this Partial Wake lock thing doesn't help either still the same thing happens

Is there a fix? Should I just sell the phone for scrap and buy another?

Phone isn't and never was rooted.

Thanks.
    Lindette Vazquez likes this.
    11-14-2018 05:01 AM
    Same thing happened to me, and one other person I know. I personally think that Samsung sabotaged the phone because nobody was switching to the new phones.
    I loved my Note 4. I had extra batteries ...I loved that feature. So Samsung killed it!
    11-14-2018 05:07 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does this also happen in Safe Mode? https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28897
    11-15-2018 03:44 PM
    I tried to go to safe mode. It work. But I did not reset phone because I didn't want to loose my files. Just gave up and bought a new phone. Which I believe was was the result that Samsung may have intended to happen. Who really knows?
    11-25-2018 03:27 PM
    Sorry I meant it did not work in safe mode.
    11-25-2018 03:28 PM
    I really don't think Samsung is sabotaging their phones to make you buy new ones. It could have been firmware corruption (which you could try to fix by reinstalling the firmware, either using Smart Switch or Odin), or the hardware might simply have been failing. It's a 4 year-old phone, and if it's been used heavily, that can take a natural toll.
    11-26-2018 12:51 AM
    Well, there is this...

https://www.theverge.com/2018/10/24/...fine-antitrust

Ane the link to the Italian article... Google translated>>>

Google Translate

Seems the version of Marshmallow released to the Note 4 was written for the Note 7 thereby causing greater stresses of the hardware. Carriers may or may not have been aware of it, but should share the blame if they did, and released the OS without regard of what might happen to some people's phones. Of course, MM did have updates, so who knows if they fixed it or not.

Personally, I wouldn't put it past Samsung, Apple, or any other manufacture to "sabotage" (for lack of a better word) devices for monetary gain. Just my opinion, of course.
    Lindette Vazquez likes this.
    11-26-2018 08:46 PM
    Hey @nahoku, welcome back! Haven't seen you around for a while.

I'm inclined to chalk that up to carelessness or incompetence, rather than willful malice, but of course, I can't know for sure.
    11-26-2018 09:49 PM
    LOL! I see you're still going insanely strong @B. Diddy! I'm not back, just thought I'd drop in for a few posts.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-27-2018 01:17 AM