I have a galaxy note 4 that seems to just loop in the start up after switching on. Tried the recovery option in the 3 button press (home power volume up) with no success. sometimes boots up but then freezes and locks up and goes back round to trying to boot up. I've posted a video on my Facebook account- John Flower if anyone cares to look and give me some ideas that would be greatly appreciated
    Lindette Vazquez likes this.
    11-25-2018 04:22 PM
    Also deleted cache and done factory reset in the recovery mode option. Replaced battery tried wakelock but none of these worked. I really don't wanna get rid of the phone but if its dead.... Or could it be software/hardware issue?
    11-25-2018 04:41 PM
    Bootloop could be hardware or software. You wouldn't expect a working phone to bootloop so something is amiss for sure. If it's hardware, you're going to be out of luck. If it's software, you might try reinstalling the OS, or downgrading it to Lollipop to see if it helps (depending on your carrier). Either way, unless you do something drastic like attempting a reflash, you may as well consider your phone dead.

By the way, did you pull the SD and Sim cards out before factory reset? You might try that to see what happens. Also, be sure Playstore or your carrier isn't allowed to auto install/update the phone after the FR.
    11-26-2018 04:18 AM
    Both sim and SD card removed beforehand. Keep getting the "dead android" icon and No Command message then freezes up or just goes back round again to the Samsung start up screen round and round. Has booted once but then froze up and shut itself down.
    11-26-2018 11:12 AM
    Well, the only thing you can do is try to reload the OS using Smartswitch, or Odin, or you could try Rukbat's method and reflash the phone. However, if you're on ATT, then you may be out of luck as ATT doesn't release it's firmware. You still may be able to find it if someone uploaded it to the internet somewhere... check on XDA.
    11-26-2018 03:47 PM
    I had bootloop problems as well and a new battery solved the problem. If I put either of the old batteries in it would bootloop again so for me, it was the battery.
    01-08-2019 12:59 PM