Truly love this phone and am dreading the day when I will no longer be able to use it. Have had it nearly four and a half years and replaced the battery3 times.

I would like to stay with Samsung, but hate those curved, reflecting, fragile sides.

So I see the S10 is expected to have a smaller "entry level" flat screen...and if I don't want curved sides I'd have to settle for that model.

One day, security or operational issues will necessitate my leaving the Note 4.

Is anyone having the same issues that I'm having?
    Tsepz_GP and tube517 like this.
    12-22-2018 02:51 PM
    Truly love this phone and am dreading the day when I will no longer be able to use it. Have had it nearly four and a half years and replaced the battery3 times.

I would like to stay with Samsung, but hate those curved, reflecting, fragile sides.

So I see the S10 is expected to have a smaller "entry level" flat screen...and if I don't want curved sides I'd have to settle for that model.

One day, security or operational issues will necessitate my leaving the Note 4.

Is anyone having the same issues that I'm having?
    Well I long moved on from the Note 4, had a S7 Edge, Note8 and now I have the beastly Huawei Mate 20 Pro, BUT I kept my Note 4 around, even though it has the eMMC issue.

Last night I tried my luck, put it on charge and tried to boot it up and BOOM I am now typing this on my Note 4

I don't blame you for not wanting to leave this beast, it was such a brilliant device, it feels so good in hand with its more square design and wider display (in portrait) due to its 16:9 aspect ratio.

I hope you do find the perfect device for you, the Galaxy Note10 may be worth waiting for rather than simply jumping on the S10.
    12-28-2018 01:16 AM
    Well, finally, a response to my post...it's taken a few days...and I appreciate your input.

I have been fortunate in having only one minor issue with the Note 4 and that was solved with the installation of a replacement battery.

From what I've been reading about the Note 10, it will still have curved sides and I truly dislike those - mostly for the reflections they pick up, but reading about the fragility of the screen as well as accidental taps that take one where they don't want to go, I think I'll pass on it.

I am miffed that the S10 with the flat screen will be denied top-of-line camera features since I use my phone more for photos than anything else.

When is Samsung going to get over their curved edge mania, I wonder.
    12-28-2018 06:58 AM
    Note 4 rules. Removable battery where you can install the extended ZeroLemon 10,000mAh cell.
    No curved edges.
    16:9 ratio versus the useless 18.5:9 you get with newer Samsungs.

And cheaper. Note 4 is a great buy, you can buy NIB ones today for not much more than $100. I got a used one for $75 yesterday. It's my third Note 4.
    huntnyc likes this.
    03-26-2019 01:22 PM
    Wonder how many of us they're out there -hopefully enough to keep batteries available!
    huntnyc likes this.
    03-26-2019 07:32 PM
    I had my Note 4 from pretty much when they hit the shops and until my Note 8 preorder arrived (2 days late)
    Didn't like N5 and N7 we don't need to mention.
    I'll nearly guarantee you that after about just 1 day with a Note 8 or 9 you won't be be looking at your old Note 4 anymore and I'm also a person that totally loved my N4, I was running custom N5/N7 ROMs and Nova Laucher etc..
    My point is really that you don't realise exactly HOW RETRO it is until you pick up a Note 8 or 9 and start using it
    03-31-2019 04:07 AM
    i really appreciate your input and will have to check out the Note 9.

What has concerned me more than anything is those darned curved sides.

What kind of screen protector have you used and has it worked well?
    03-31-2019 06:25 AM
    I dropped my Samsung S8 Plus, it's very brittle. You can break both the screen and the rear plate, which is also glass. Unbelievable.

A great alternative to Note 4 is LG V20. It's just like Note 4 except has more features, faster, newer.

Latest Note has to be very expensive. Well over $1,000.
    05-20-2019 10:54 AM