Note 4 bricked phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

So I have a note4 that kept restarting randomly, so I took it to the store and they rebooted it (didn't fix the issue) after many attempts to fix it I took matters into my own hands and started playing around with odin and now this phone is bricked (Literally does nothing at all).

Since it got bricked I got a new phone and its been a couple of years, but i was wondering if It could be fixed just for fun. from my understanding the issue is that the phone has a damaged bios and therefore can't boot. So i was wondering if its possible to reflash the bios on the motherboard by taking it out and manually doing it.

If it is, anyone know how, or where I should start looking?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
So I have a note4 that kept restarting randomly, so I took it to the store and they rebooted it (didn't fix the issue)
Rebooting is restarting. You do that every time you turn the phone on.

Since it got bricked I got a new phone and its been a couple of years, but i was wondering if It could be fixed just for fun. from my understanding the issue is that the phone has a damaged bios and therefore can't boot. So i was wondering if its possible to reflash the bios on the motherboard by taking it out and manually doing it.
You need JTAG equipment for that (it's basically running the motherboard from an external box) and the equipment and a head for a Note 4 would cost more than a Note 4. You may be able to find someone on eBay who advertises JTAG service and can do Note 4s.

(I assume that you can't boot into download mode either.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair