I have my photos from my SD card that's in my phone, backed up on Google Photos.

Can I take my SD card to my computer, and delete duplicate and junk photos, while also having those photos deleted from Google Photos too?

I prefer viewing the photos on a computer, especially when comparing photos and deciding which ones to keep.

If I delete my photos from the SD card, then put the card back in my phone and sync, will they then be deleted from Google Photos?

That's what I want to do.
    01-24-2020 12:45 PM
    If you open the Google Photos app, select the photo, then tap the Trash icon, then the photo will be put in the Trash bin across all devices. I think this should include SD cards, but there's a possibility that on some devices, Google Photos might not be able to access the SD card. Try it as a test -- select any expendable photo in Google Photos (either on the app or the web interface) and trash it. See if the photo gets deleted from the SD card.

Since Trashed photos can be restored for 60 days, it's possible the physical photo file will remain on the SD card until that period is up.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    01-24-2020 12:56 PM
    If you open the Google Photos app, select the photo, then tap the Trash icon, then the photo will be put in the Trash bin across all devices. I think this should include SD cards, but there's a possibility that on some devices, Google Photos might not be able to access the SD card. Try it as a test -- select any expendable photo in Google Photos (either on the app or the web interface) and trash it. See if the photo gets deleted from the SD card.

Since Trashed photos can be restored for 60 days, it's possible the physical photo file will remain on the SD card until that period is up.
    I opened Google Photos on my PC, and deleted the picture.

It was still there when I opened Google Photos on my phone.

I went to the Google Photos trash, and emptied it. I saw the 60 day message when I went to my trash.

It was then gone from Google Photos on my phone too.

However, the picture remained on my SD card.

Any other ideas how to simultaneously update the SD card, and the app?
    02-01-2020 11:26 PM
    As a work around, on my PC, I guess I can have Google Photos open in one tab, and I can view my SD card in another.

Then I can select a picture in Photos, then select the same picture in the SD card explorer, and then delete from Photos, then my the SD card explorer.

But if someone can find a better solution where I can do both at the same time, that would be great.
    02-01-2020 11:32 PM