all of a sudden my galaxy note 4 doesn't have any internet access on my home wifi network. i've been using it with this network for years with no problem until now. my laptop and desktop computer still connect fine, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with the wifi itself. my phone shows that it's connected to the wifi and there aren't any error dialogues or anything, but when i try to use a browser or app, nothing loads.

i'm not very tech savvy, but these are the things i've tried after some googling:

- restarted my phone a great many times, including removing the battery
    - checked the date and time settings (some people were saying to check if it the date or time were wrong, and if so, to fix them--both were accurate on my phone)
    - cleared my cache
    - forgot and then reconnected to the wifi network
    - forgot the wifi network, turned off my phone, turned it back on, and then reconnected to the wifi

the last one actually seemed to temporarily work. i was able to use the internet as normal for maybe a minute or two, but then it stopped working again. i tried doing it all again (forgot network, turned off phone, turned back on, reconnected) with the same results.
    03-08-2020 06:49 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try rebooting the router by unplugging its power for 30 seconds. If that doesn't work see this guide for other ideas: http://forums.androidcentral.com/amb...-problems.html

Does it connect to other wi-fi networks without problem, like at your local library or coffeehouse?
    03-08-2020 06:56 PM