Note 4 - How to stop screen from displaying/unlocking during & after notifications & phone calls?

eMeSaR

Apr 21, 2020
Visit site
Note 4 - How to stop screen from displaying/unlocking during & after notifications & phone calls?

Hi all.
Two problems here which I'm presuming have the same fix.

1) This happens when I'm using the phone, say, listening to music via Bluetooth headset. When I receive a message or email, the screen will automatically light up to the unlock screen showing a notification pop up that I have a message. Because the phone is in my pocket and the screen is swipe unlocked, which I prefer, it is highly likely that the phone will unlock fully - so by the time I look at the phone it's done all sorts of things I didn't want.

2) When answering a phone call, the screen obviously lights up as normal. I have set it up so that when the phone is upright the screen will go blank. But, when I have finished a call using the headset, the screen comes back on again and shows the contact and because the phone is unlocked it ends up doing things I didn't want.

Please can someone tell me how to keep the screen off during and after a phone call or notification!
Is there a code to write or delete that can make it so that when I receive a phone call or notification I must press the power button to display the screen like I normally do to see the time?

Any assistance is very much appreciated!

Thanks

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 4 - How to stop screen from displaying/unlocking during & after notifications & phone calls

Welcome to Android Central! I moved this from the Marshmallow forum to the Note 4 forum, since this may be more of a device-specific issue rather than a Marshmallow issue.

Is your Lock Automatically option set to Immediately? www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-123532/. If so, and assuming Smart Lock isn't turned on, then the phone should not unlock, even if the screen lights up with the lockscreen notification.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Re: Note 4 - How to stop screen from displaying/unlocking during & after notifications & phone calls

Is this phone rooted?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers