07-28-2015 10:55 PM
165 123 ...
    I love my Note 4. But my fear is that Samsung will do away with the removable battery and microSD options, like they've done with the S6 and S6 Edge. IMHO these were two of the best (most desirable) options about Samsung devices. What difference does it make to have up to 128GB of internal memory if you can't remove it to transfer it to a new (or extra) phone or other device??? And with these large, high output screens, I'd rather carry an extra battery around than have to carry around a charger (and look for a place to plug it in). Yes, there are plug-in battery packs, etc., available, but I don't want the extra unwieldy bulk of trying to use my phone with something plugged into it while it's charging. So I (and I'm sure just about all other Note 4 users) hope that these options remain on the upcoming Note 5.

If you agree (or disagree), please comment. Maybe Samsung will pay attention.
    03-05-2015 11:21 AM
    Everything you said! Couldn't agree more. If I am to upgrade to the note 5 it will need those options.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-05-2015 11:24 AM
    Totally agree

Sent from my SM-N910V
    03-05-2015 11:25 AM
    If they want to offer 32, 64 and 128GB models, I'd love that, too. But don't take away our removable battery and microSD options.
    03-05-2015 11:26 AM
    it all comes down to pricing in the end i think at this point people will just have to move on with the direction they're going (micro sd card\removable battery) I can only see them bringing them back base on sales. If sales doesn't do as well as they expected I guarantee they will bring back those 2 options back. So it's just a waiting game now! Personally I love the design for the edge my only concern is how strong will it be with the drop so far i haven't seen a company that makes a curve tempered glass it only covers the middle. It's going to be a challenge to have one that can bend like that and protect it as the same time.
    03-05-2015 11:34 AM
    I dont think a unibody aluminium will get the note 5. I mean they need to have a hole for the s pen right? A

anon8380037 and Rmedy21 like this.
    03-05-2015 11:35 AM
    03-05-2015 11:36 AM
    anything is possible my friend
    03-05-2015 11:37 AM
    Why dont they just do 256 gb as max, offer the 128 gig model and offer another 128 gig in storage, as far as battery goes, the could do 1 removable and 1 non removable. Just my thought.
    Ntchwaidumela likes this.
    03-05-2015 11:57 AM
    If they up the price about $20 top go from 32 to 64 internal I wouldn't mind non removable but another $100 , like ios, and I'm out.
    MobileMadness002 and KJ78 like this.
    03-05-2015 12:05 PM
    I'd love to talk about it.
    But I might get called in on the carpet here again for going overboard on the subject.

Seems like Samsung left their roots that made them who they was.
    Ntchwaidumela and Noface like this.
    03-05-2015 12:10 PM
    I don't use SD much but .. I have an unlimited data plan so that helps with that.

The battery I don't need but .. I do like. Swapping in 30 seconds to a full battery is nice but I also do have a battery pack as well which I could use.
    03-05-2015 12:29 PM
    Personally i would be fine with those options being eliminated, im good with 128gb and non removable so long as battery life is good. I never use extra batteries anyway, of course we all have our different needs.

Adawg1203 likes this.
    03-05-2015 12:35 PM
    It may well happen, unless s6 tanks.

@T-Mobile GN3
    03-05-2015 03:02 PM
    SD card I could really care less about, though it's nice to have the option (even though I'll probably never use it).

Replaceable battery is a must. Not because I want to carry around extra batteries, but because I just honestly don't want to have to figure out the highly controversial magic voodoo that optimizes the longevity of my battery and then spend time and effort adhering to those rules once I finally figure out what they are with this week's battery chemistry.

I want to charge my battery when it is convenient for me, use it down to zero when I feel like it, and know that in a year or so when it starts reducing battery life to the point where I can't get a full day when needed - I can drop $20, pop in a new battery, and have another year of carefree charging bliss.

Much as I loved the Moto X and Moto X 2014, my last two phones, I found that "range anxiety" was starting to become a thing. So "removable battery" became a non-optional feature.
    03-05-2015 03:13 PM
    I'll be honest. I don't really care for sd. But I like knowing if I really need it I have it. I do care about the battery for the reason listed above. And to be honest I really would like a moto x or even a nexus 5. I kind of miss the smaller form factor. However, the battery life has become very important. I never buy extra cords so I plug in once and done. And I would like that to be way after I take it off the charger. I actually am going to have to replace my battery because after kitkat 4.4.4, my battery life is down to around 3 1/2 hours SOT. Really sad when I used to get 6 - 6 1/2.

03-05-2015 04:13 PM
    While I don't use micro-SD cards or replace batteries anymore, I fully support those options being there for those who do use them. I am considering not buying either the Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge just to protest this move.
    ToddK and Unilize like this.
    03-05-2015 04:15 PM
    I do love having a spare battery ready to go when the power cuts in storms or when camping, and the SD is a must (to me) because with every phone I've used since the MB TransFlash, I've simply transferred my SD to the next phone. I use Google drive and have a TB for backup, but I prefer to not rely on it for constant access to files...
    ToddK and MrsFoster418 like this.
    03-05-2015 04:34 PM
    If they offer 64gb for the same price point as the Note 4,I won't mind. I have read that using only internal memory may be removing the lag and make the overall speed a lot snappier.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
    anon8380037 likes this.
    03-05-2015 05:35 PM
    Totally agree.

♻from the Note 4✒ 📶
    03-05-2015 05:40 PM
    Please keep the SD card and give me the option to swap out a battery.! I like having options.

03-05-2015 07:39 PM
    I don't use SD much but .. I have an unlimited data plan so that helps with that.

The battery I don't need but .. I do like. Swapping in 30 seconds to a full battery is nice but I also do have a battery pack as well which I could use.
    You ever try having a conversation with a battery pack attached? 😆

ToddK likes this.
    03-05-2015 08:18 PM
    My 2 cents:

I am OK with these options been gone..I am not a heavy user, so I know my battery can go 1 FULL day. And I don't have that much stuff on my phone that requires an SD card to store.

BUT...Different ppl have different needs and I get it..

Here's what SAMSUNG Should Do --> Make 2 models of Note 5...One with NO removable battery and NO SD card slot, other WITH a Removable battery and a SD card slot. People can choose whatever they are Comfortable with.

They should have done this with the S6 I believe...make the S6 Edge NO removable everything, and make the regular S6 with removable battery and SD card!

This says to the World that you are giving ppl choices...Not like other Smartphone manufacturers who don't give you ANY choice!!!!
    OceanView likes this.
    03-05-2015 08:29 PM
    You ever try having a conversation with a battery pack attached?

Yeah - just depends if you mean walking or sitting. Sitting is easy .. walking would be hard .. but if I knew my battery was getting anywhere near death I would have charged it before the phone call most likely. I couldn't really see a time where I couldn't plug it in and have it get some juice.
    03-06-2015 09:36 AM
    I hope they keep the Note series battery removable. They were able to release a premium product with the Note 4 while retaining there features. I agree with the OP. As said also, it wouldn't kill them to have two versions. After all, Samsung churn out different models almost daily! Wouldn't it be funny if Apple started doing removable batteries! They're already working on a high tech method of waterproofing which will probably be seen on the IPhone 7. Just read it today.

03-06-2015 01:54 PM
165 123 ...