Please Samsung, don't do this to the Note 5!

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I love my Note 4. But my fear is that Samsung will do away with the removable battery and microSD options, like they've done with the S6 and S6 Edge. IMHO these were two of the best (most desirable) options about Samsung devices. What difference does it make to have up to 128GB of internal memory if you can't remove it to transfer it to a new (or extra) phone or other device??? And with these large, high output screens, I'd rather carry an extra battery around than have to carry around a charger (and look for a place to plug it in). Yes, there are plug-in battery packs, etc., available, but I don't want the extra unwieldy bulk of trying to use my phone with something plugged into it while it's charging. So I (and I'm sure just about all other Note 4 users) hope that these options remain on the upcoming Note 5.

If you agree (or disagree), please comment. Maybe Samsung will pay attention.

Ntchwaidumela

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If they want to offer 32, 64 and 128GB models, I'd love that, too. But don't take away our removable battery and microSD options.

doohsun

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
it all comes down to pricing in the end i think at this point people will just have to move on with the direction they're going (micro sd card\removable battery) I can only see them bringing them back base on sales. If sales doesn't do as well as they expected I guarantee they will bring back those 2 options back. So it's just a waiting game now! Personally I love the design for the edge my only concern is how strong will it be with the drop so far i haven't seen a company that makes a curve tempered glass it only covers the middle. It's going to be a challenge to have one that can bend like that and protect it as the same time.

alkezi

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
I dont think a unibody aluminium will get the note 5. I mean they need to have a hole for the s pen right? A

Posted via the Android Central App

road_kill

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
Why dont they just do 256 gb as max, offer the 128 gig model and offer another 128 gig in storage, as far as battery goes, the could do 1 removable and 1 non removable. Just my thought.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I'd love to talk about it.
But I might get called in on the carpet here again for going overboard on the subject.

Seems like Samsung left their roots that made them who they was.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't use SD much but .. I have an unlimited data plan so that helps with that.

The battery I don't need but .. I do like. Swapping in 30 seconds to a full battery is nice but I also do have a battery pack as well which I could use.

skippyg

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Personally i would be fine with those options being eliminated, im good with 128gb and non removable so long as battery life is good. I never use extra batteries anyway, of course we all have our different needs.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
SD card I could really care less about, though it's nice to have the option (even though I'll probably never use it).

Replaceable battery is a must. Not because I want to carry around extra batteries, but because I just honestly don't want to have to figure out the highly controversial magic voodoo that optimizes the longevity of my battery and then spend time and effort adhering to those rules once I finally figure out what they are with this week's battery chemistry.

I want to charge my battery when it is convenient for me, use it down to zero when I feel like it, and know that in a year or so when it starts reducing battery life to the point where I can't get a full day when needed - I can drop $20, pop in a new battery, and have another year of carefree charging bliss.

Much as I loved the Moto X and Moto X 2014, my last two phones, I found that "range anxiety" was starting to become a thing. So "removable battery" became a non-optional feature.

steelrain82

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I'll be honest. I don't really care for sd. But I like knowing if I really need it I have it. I do care about the battery for the reason listed above. And to be honest I really would like a moto x or even a nexus 5. I kind of miss the smaller form factor. However, the battery life has become very important. I never buy extra cords so I plug in once and done. And I would like that to be way after I take it off the charger. I actually am going to have to replace my battery because after kitkat 4.4.4, my battery life is down to around 3 1/2 hours SOT. Really sad when I used to get 6 - 6 1/2.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
While I don't use micro-SD cards or replace batteries anymore, I fully support those options being there for those who do use them. I am considering not buying either the Galaxy S6 or S6 Edge just to protest this move.

Since9600

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I do love having a spare battery ready to go when the power cuts in storms or when camping, and the SD is a must (to me) because with every phone I've used since the MB TransFlash, I've simply transferred my SD to the next phone. I use Google drive and have a TB for backup, but I prefer to not rely on it for constant access to files...

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
If they offer 64gb for the same price point as the Note 4,I won't mind. I have read that using only internal memory may be removing the lag and make the overall speed a lot snappier.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith