How likely is it that the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 will have a 6-inch screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TENYKS

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
How likely is it that the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 will have a 6-inch screen?

As the owner of 3 of the last 4 Galaxy Note phones, I think my #1 "dislike" is the "small" screen. (Note 2, 3, and now 4)
Okay, it's not that "small" but after seeing the Nexus 6, I really wish the Note 5 can have a 6-inch screen. :)

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Not sure of the likelihood, but personally if it doesn't have a 5.9" screen (.2" increase from the Note 4) it will be a major reason I just continue to hang on to my Note 4 longer and wait for the Note 6. The other would be if they drop user-replaceable batteries (like they have with the S6). That would be an absolute deal breaker! :(

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I am with Syn on this one.

If I didnt have such a compulsion to buy new toys I might have skipped the Note 4 just because the screen size did not go up at all. I would love to see the Note series go up to 6" maybe 6.2" but that is about the high end. Anything else and we start getting into tablet range.

That being said, and with my compulsion, depending on whether or not app developers get on board with the Edge, I could see myself going Note 5 Edge to satisfy the need. I would be disappointed though if the screen size is the same.

I am not going to get bent out of shape yet about the battery until I see how the S6 deals with it.

Dan_B1979

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Does a Note 5 need the Edge part though?! For me that's more about style/fashion/want to have rather than the pure functionality and usability of what a phablet should be about!

NoNexus

May 10, 2013
Visit site
With the S6 having an "edge" now, I think that more third party developers will put some effort into doing something with it. The SDK is out there, Devs just didnt see the point with a device that was only selling 30M, but at another 30M+ with the S6, and another 30M with the Note 5, some very creative things can be accomplished.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Samsung already has the mega which is the 6.x" phone so if anything we should hope they remove bezel to gain the extra display and not make it bigger. Then we have to wonder how the S6/S6 Edge designs are going to factor into the Note 5, will we see 64GB + microSD or just 64GB device period.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
My Note 3 in a Defender case barely fits into the short pocket of a knit shirt. 6"? That's just a tad too large for me. And it they glue in the battery and eliminate the SD slot, it's a complete deal breaker. (I could deal with the size, but not the battery, SD slot or Defender.)

Jalopiejoe

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
My Note 3 is big enough!
If Samsung could reduce the bezel so the overall size did not increase then a slightly larger screen would be Ok!

anon(5506951)

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I've seen some things about the Note 5, and how it could run on a 10 nm chip, inspired by Apple's A8 tech, that it supposedly will have a near 6",4K display at over 770 ppi, a 4,000 mAh battery, front-facing stereo speakers, improved finger print and retina scanner, micro sd slot, improved camera, etc. While this all sounds great, how much of TouchWiz, (which I can't stand) will hamper that phone? Will Samsung continue to throw everything but the kitchen sink into the phone, or pare it down to useful features only? What does Samsung consider useful features in terms of the Note?

I don't want or need Microsoft apps on it, or Clean Master, or any other useless crap. Just keep multi window and move from there. And please, please make TW less cartoonish, for the love of all things holy? If I have to spend good money on a device, can they actually make it useful and not useless? I'm leaning toward stock Android for my next high end purchase, but not so sure the Nexus 6 is justified of my $700-750, even with those speakers. So unless Google blows me away in October, can Samsung help me decide, so I can put this S3 away?

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(394005)

Banned
Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Not sure how accurate this may be but it states the Note 5 will have a 5.9" screen:

Samsung Galaxy Note 5 release date, rumours, news, specs and price - News - Trusted Reviews

Excerpt:

"The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 screen has been the key focus of many early rumours. With the Note 4 having taken the phablet line from Full HD to QHD territory, it has been suggested that Samsung will continue its technical push and make the jump to a 4K panel in 2015.

According to recent reports citing unnamed ‘insiders’, Samsung will start mass production of its first phone-bound 4K displays next August. It has been suggested that production will be quickly ramped up in order to get the Galaxy Note 5 in to retailers by October.

With the claimed insiders suggesting the Note 5’s 3840 x 2160 pixel 4K display will be stretched across a 5.9-inch form-factor, this eye-wateringly delicious screen is said to boast a stunningly detailed 746 pixels-per-inch image density."

MaLik Hadi

Dec 4, 2014
Visit site
hell no man. i dont want any upgrade in screen size.....i got pockets not a silicon bag...i cant type while driving a car or bike

Posted via note 3

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I suppose if they reduce the footprint and make the screen a bit bigger (5.9" max), it wouldn't be too bad. But the Note 4 is a great size. I see no reason to go any bigger

Jason Fournier1

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I just got a used note 4 and it is great. However I would upgrade to Note 5 if it had a 6" screen, bigger battery, and new fingerprint reader. I would also like to keep the resolution at QHD rather than move up to 4k to preserve battery. I am sure it will get the fingerprint reader and use the exynos processor or slightly newer version from the S6. I think they will keep the removable back to differentiate it further from the S6.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I feel 6 inches is a no brainer for the Note 5. I also feel 6 inches really is the biggest a phone should get though.

M3Stang

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
I would like for the screen to get bigger. I just hope they don't drop micro sd and removable battery like they did with the S6. I can upgrade until the note 6 comes out anyway but still. If the next 2 iterations dissapont then I'll probably head back to the iPhone. Miss the seamless integration that I once had with my macbook and other apple devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance